Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warm-up and preparation DVD

Bruno Cochofel

I don't believe there is a European shipping option. I got my first set of rings from there, and at that time there was a shipping option from the UK.

This looks like a great DVD, i just popped on it, thankfully i have a friend visiting the US, so i'm shipping it there.

Bruno Cochofel
I don't believe there is a European shipping option. I got my first set of rings from there, and at that time there was a shipping option from the UK.

This looks like a great DVD, i just popped on it, thankfully i have a friend visiting the US, so i'm shipping it there.

I believe Jordan Jovtchev "teaching" is warm-up set "is a must"..

I also got my rings from there and custom fees and the trouble is a mess... This is the only place to buy that DVD? They are the distributers?

From what i understand yes they produced it as well. You have to remember this is pretty niche stuff, the companies involved are small, one or two man operations.

Bruno Cochofel
From what i understand yes they produced it as well. You have to remember this is pretty niche stuff, the companies involved are small, one or two man operations.

Well, just bought the DVD.. Couldn't resist the temptation. :D

Quick Start Test Smith

I own this DVD. It's great, but it's not extremely comprehensive. Expect to write down the routine for yourself while watching the athletes do it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I recall Coach Sommer had high praise for Jovchev's meticulous attention to his warm ups.

My copy should be here Friday, looking forward to seeing it.

The new motto being 'My workout is your warm up'

Bruno Cochofel

Well, I don't know Jovtchev :) but he seems a very nice guy.

It's really good to see the warm-up of someone so good in what he does. It's really helpful

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

The Jovtchev warm-up video is pretty good, if only because he has his warm-up and routine down very, very efficiently.

I am always impressed to watch the fluid grace and total economy with which a competent, trained athlete moves through a familiar routine.

Scott, the owner of Crossfit Portland, filmed both the warm-up video and the ring-strength DVD --- Coach Sommer may know more, but I believe Jovtchev was training in Houston at the time.

US Men's Olympic coach Kevin Mazeika provided the sets/reps suggestions (it's his voice-over) during the ring-strength DVD, and he was kind enough to let Scott film some of his athletes (and I believe alternates) warming up, which was included as part of the warm-up DVD.

What's interesting, too, is the range of flexibility the American athletes display --- one guy was very flexible, while one was not.

best,

j

Bruno Cochofel

My warm-up now consists on the following:

- jordan jovtchev long warm-up

- 2x 30'' hollw and arch holds

- shoulder mobility from the DVD

- wrist routine

- agt stretching (part 1) from http://agt.degreesofclarity.com/stretching/

- dynamic stretching for legs, basically front, side and back kicks

And when I find the time I also do 10m handstand, something like pre-strength work (I though of doing all those HSPU and planche pushups and all that press stuff that jordan does, but.. well.. you know... I can't... :D )

This gives me something like 30m warm-up, maybe is too much, but I feel great and then I can do my FSP and FBE..

My cold-down is basically agt stretching, part 1, 2 and 3.. part 3 I'm doing wrist and toes stretch..

On my rest days I can do only the warm-up part and the handstand and keeps me feeling great and my shoulder and wrist don't complain..