Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building a Gymnastics Body question

Ant18

Actually the price of the book and DVDs is very much in line with products aimed at the adult population. Take a look for example at some of Dragon Door's offerings. For security reasons, the Coach chooses to ship only by trackable mail, it costs more, but you know you will get it.

I'm very willing to make allowances for any imperfections in the product, you have an active Coach doing the project in what is essentially his free time. That is unheard of. Think of the stress on any competitive coach and its easy to understand that the project will take some time to complete. That might leave you frustrated, but its reality.

The program isn't designed to create elite gymnasts just strong men and women. It is stated at the outset the one has to think in terms of months and years not days and weeks. For any trainee serious about progress in any field this is the truth.

I certainly can't do anything special yet, i do know i'm stronger and feel better, i'm letting the years take care of it, that has nothing to do with pretending to be elite.

One point i agree with it finding a publisher, but that's easy for me to say, i don't know what that really entails and how much the author has to give away in order to do that. It may mean compromises of a nature Coach is able to make.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coach Sommer

• Kit Laughlin

• Cole Dano

• Aaron Griffin

Swarovski an elite gymnast is not just a result of some program but a combination of many factors not to mention that training just ring strength and being a gymnast is not the same thing. The program is designed for a person to become as strong as one can in gymnastics (not become a gymnast unless that is ones goal). If you are saying that a person can not reach an elite level strength on rings because they started in adult hood that is also a very false statement as there have been many previous strength enthusiasts who have accomplished just that (John Gill to name one and he is not the exception).

Making complains about a product you are unhappy with is one thing but you are making some ridiculous statements in trying to justify your complaints.

In my personal opinion there is nothing on the net that even comes close to the amount of knowledge that coach has shared with us over this forum. Before I found this site I was severely limited in my training progress with gymnastics progressions. I've improved by leaps and bounds since coming here.

In my personal opinion there is nothing on the net that even comes close to the amount of knowledge that coach has shared with us over this forum. Before I found this site I was severely limited in my training progress with gymnastics progressions. I've improved by leaps and bounds since coming here.

Yes!

Here's a point not mentioned:

I have the hard copy version of BtGB. However, I'd have preferred a spiral-bound copy especially as the book is used often in reference specifically for the pictures. The way Ross Enamait did his books that way is really user-friendly.

But, big thanks to Coach Sommers for making the book in the first place. It is useful in any format.

Thanks.

Formatting decisons have been made and the various sample demos are currently undergoing final review. Formats that will be available include:

- softbound hardcopy

- pdf edition

- multimedia edition

- ipad/iphone edition

- android phone/tablet edition (closer to the end of the year).

Combination packages will also be available for those who would like to have BtGB in several formats; e.g. an ipad/iphone edition to take to the gym as well as a softbound hard copy.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the desire to at least have minimal DRM to prevent casual copying. Someone recommended making the eBook available on Amazon and I want to strongly come out against this idea. The Amazon format is proprietary to them and alienates e Readers that use more common formats like ePub. I would also recommend using ePub over the PDF format because the latter does not always work well for reading on many of the different technologies.

Coach, will there be any kind of deal for customers that have already purchased BtGB and want a digital copy to go with it?

Thanks!

Coach, will there be any kind of deal for customers that have already purchased BtGB and want a digital copy to go with it?

Good question. Initially when the digital edition is released, for a limited time it will be available for a sale price of $19.99 (down from its regular price of $44) to accomodate those who have already purchased a hardcopy and would like to also pick up the new digital edition.

The digital edition is complete. It is designed in a pdf format for PC & Mac. I reviewed the final layout last Friday and was very pleased; it exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. My technical team is currently working on the necessary integration steps for making it available thru the GB online store. This is not under my control, but my understanding is that this step in the process is nearing completion.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Good question. Initially when the digital edition is released, for a limited time it will be available for a sale price of $19.99 (down from its regular price of $44) to accomodate those who have already purchased a hardcopy and would like to also pick up the new digital edition.

The digital edition is complete. It is designed in a pdf format for PC & Mac. I reviewed the final layout last Friday and was very pleased; it exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. My technical team is currently working on the necessary integration steps for making it available thru the GB online store. This is not under my control, but my understanding is that this step in the process is nearing completion.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Sounds great. Is this still the first edition of BtGB, or the second edition I've heard was in the works.

My technical team is working now completing the addition of the BtGB digital version to the GB online store. The new BtGB hardcopy stock should arrive in 2-3 weeks.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Larry Roseman

Hi Coach,

Regarding the digital edition ... thanks first for the great introductory offer!

Would you be including the second edition updates to the digital edition if purchased now,

or requiring an upgrade ? I've been holding off buying the book untill the second edition was available ...

Finally there a page that shows the requirements to view it fully on a mobile phoone, which mobile browsers, version of java, etc?

Thanks again! Looking forward to using it shortly!

Coach Sommer

No, at this point it is too early to consider any package deals between multiple editions.

The digital edition is viewable on any mobile device that supports the pdf format. This extreme viewing flexibility

on a wide range of devices was the primary reason that this particular format was chosen.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Larry Roseman
No, at this point it is too early to consider any package deals between multiple editions.

The digital edition is viewable on any mobile device that supports the pdf format. This extreme viewing flexibility

on a wide range of devices was the primary reason that this particular format was chosen.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Fair enough. I hope there can be a fairly pain-free method to receive updates, when

that time arrives.

PDFs work on my Samsung T746 phone. They download individually into a seperate area.

Thanks for this option!

• 2 weeks later...

Coach: a perfect answer (to swarofski's comments, I mean; I see lots has been written since I last visited!). Nothing more to say, and it was a pleasure to meet you recently, too. Warm regards, KL

• 2 months later...
William Marler

Hey, I know this is an old thread and the eBook is released, but with the SOPA and PIPA receiving lots of attention in the news lately, I came across a pair of articles by a publisher with some content that made me think back to this discussion post. The first is http://gigaom.com/2012/01/13/tim-oreill ... ting-sopa/ , and the second is where O'Reilly expands on it in a Google+ post https://plus.google.com/u/0/10703373124 ... Xd3VjFR8gx . The quote that made me think of GB is from the second article:

The lack of independently verified quantitative evidence that there has been actual harm to the movie business (and other copyright businesses). My conversation with Representative Pelosi focused on my experience as a publisher at O'Reilly, in which losses to piracy are far outweighed by the growth of the market. Far from being hurt by piracy, internet distribution of DRM-free ebooks is the brightest spot in my business, a key driver of growth.

Perhaps this is something to take into consideration if the future books make it to publishing.

Cheers,

wam

(owner of the print edition)