Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Integrated training question

Joshua Cook

"To perform integrated training, take your basic strength workout you have designed and pair it with either your simple hold static work or the appropriate embedded static work. The static strength work will be done immediately preceding the basic strength work"(BTGB pg.178).

My current program consists of 4 static positions and 2-4 FBEs four days a week. I have been doing all the static work together before the FBEs. Is this the most efficient way to go about this? Today's workout will be FSP-Lsit, Planche, BL/FL and FBE-Tucked BL rows, XR Bulgarian Pushups, SLS and V-ups. Would I get greater gains if I did the B/L static before the B/L rows then the Planche hold before XR Bulgarian Pushups the FL before the SLS with the LSit preceding the V-ups? On a side note I read Paul Anderson would do Good Mornings before squats and his gains were incredible.

Ivan Uzarevic1

Hi! This is how I do it: FSP (for example tucked BL) then I rest for 40 sec..after that I do FBE (for example Pull ups)..same goes with other FSP and FBE..so, Iˡm doing FSP and FBE at the same time (in the same round)..you have the same thing in the WODˡs and thatˡs why I do it like that..hope that helped a bit..

Lorenzo Bonilla

I have some questions regarding this as well. In the book it mentions that one training method is to focus on one variation of any given FBE on a single day. For example day 1 a curl variation, day 2 a row variation, day 3 a pull up variarion etc. If one were to go doing this , would it be ok to do one FSP variation before the FBE variation of the day ? And does FSP also functions as a warm up ? I find though that only working on one FBE variation per day for 3 sets seems like too little work. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something ? Thanks for the help.

Ivan Uzarevic1

I find it enough work for one day..One pull exercise, one press exercise, one core exercise and one leg exercise, plus four FSP..It all lasts aproximately 45 min..although it seems that in our case FSP donˡt work as warm up..

Ivan Uzarevic1

I find it enough work for one day..One pull exercise, one press exercise, one core exercise and one leg exercise, plus four FSP..It all lasts aproximately 45 min..although it seems that in our case FSP donˡt work as warm up..

Lorenzo Bonilla

So on a single day one could do some FSP plus FBEs - a pull exercise variation , a press exercise variation , a core exercise and a leg exercise ? So then it doesnt need to be a single exercise variation per day, it could be two ? A pull movement and a press movement ?

Ivan Uzarevic1

Of course..every training contains workout for the entire body (pull, press, core and legs)..

Thanks Ivan I appreciate the reply! I think I will probably recover faster this way, and the workouts will go quicker. Win win :D