Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

which way is better?

Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente

hi, i have to answer a simple thing to the members of this forum!

my answer focuse only on the week off about the training!

reading on the web, many trainers and coaches usually do a week of rest after 3 weeks of training.

some of them prefer tu cut in half the volume, some of them maintain the volume and cut the intensity.

wich is better in you opinion? what is your experience?

now i have to ask you an opinion for my case..

i usually divide my week in 3 days for breaking and 3 days for gymnastic, for these 3 days, 2 are heavy and 1 is ligth, the week is divided as follow

monday --> breaking heavy

tuesday --> gym heavy

wendsday --> breaking ligth

thursday -->gym ligth

friday --> breaking heavy

saturday --> gym heavy

talking about the breaking day, the difference between heavy and ligth is in the number of rep of a skill or in the time that i dedicated to them (heavy day about 10-15 minutes per skill, ligth day max 5 minutes)

talking about the gymnastia day, in the heavy i usually do rings work, in the ligth i don't do it.

in the breaking heavy day i usually do PFN iso stretch for total body (more than 2 stress to much my muscles).

now after 3 weeks of taining (i do a week of rest) i usually feel a little bit tired (i also work and study during the week) and sometimes i have a little pain in some parts of my body, not really injuried, maybe tired, in the wrist or shoulders or elbows etc..NOW FOR EXAMPLE I HAVE A LITTLE BORSITIS AT MY LEFT ELBOW

so in the 4th week i don't know if i have to continue the training with one of the way used by the trainers/coaches (maybe without doing work with locked elbows wich can be dangerous for the borsitis) or is better take a week of rest, in wich i can for example run to increase my VO2 max...in this way body can recover from his misscomfort completely!!

for your personal experience what is the best way?

thanks for the replies