Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Opening shoulders angle in wall handstand?

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

well, i have a relative little time training handstands, and in one ocassion i filmed myself, for knowing how was mi handstand, in Digital coaching, i was told to open my shoulders angle, and since that day, i've beeing looking for an especific flexibility excersice for develope that flexibility....

my question is: is there any specific flexibility excercise for opening the shoulders angle that you recommend???

Greetings from Mexico

some stretches I've seen:

there's a big foam form hanging off the wall - students hang off a rung above the form, the form pushes your shoulders forward. so your hands are close to the wall, arms straight, shoulders away from the wall and feet either straight down or you hook a low rung with your feet and bring your butt closer to the wall.

If you have a picture in your mind how the body looks there, just repeat the same body shape ... the "pullovers" exercise that bodybuilders do - lying across a bench , butt close to the floor, weight in your hands bringing your hands "above" your head and behind you, closer to the floor. Same shape, mostly the same stretch.

well, i have a relative little time training handstands, and in one ocassion i filmed myself, for knowing how was mi handstand, in Digital coaching, i was told to open my shoulders angle, and since that day, i've beeing looking for an especific flexibility excersice for develope that flexibility....

my question is: is there any specific flexibility excercise for opening the shoulders angle that you recommend???

Greetings from Mexico

there's also the "seated wall extensions" video somewhere on this board

great!

lots of thanks, i didn't have idea that wall extensions were an excercise for flexibility, i tought it was for another thing....

i incorporate it to my routine, thanks!

great!

lots of thanks, i didn't have idea that wall extensions were an excercise for flexibility, i tought it was for another thing....

i incorporate it to my routine, thanks!

there's at least 3 parts to flexibility: muscle, joint and nerve/spine/brain.

The wall extension exercise seems not to "stretch" anything but improves flexibility, so for most people I'm guessing it works on and improves nerve/spine/brain and only minimally stretches muscle, joint tissues and tendons/ligaments