This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mats Trane Video/Progression Log

Started by Mats Trane, August 8, 2011 · 81 Replies · 6,212 Views

Mats Trane

Thanks guys!

Trying to train something every day even if its only 10 minutes on some days.

Razz, we´ll definetly see each other! Not sure I can take those days off yet.

Alvaro
:D great!
Mats Trane

Today was a Handstand day. Lately I´ve been working on opening my stiff shoulders.Here is a vid of the exercises I´m using to get more flexible/stronger shoulders for handstand and press handstand.

Any tips and criticism are welcome!

Cole Dano

Mats it looks a little to me like you aren't connecting your shoulders to your bottom ribs to your hips.

The work you are doing is fine, but add to it that as your arms go over head you take the bottom ribs the other way.

You might add some down dog work to the repertoire as well.

Mats Trane

Thanks alot Mr Brady,

So what you are saying is that I should try to pull my ribs in and down towards my hips?

Cole Dano

Exactly and feel how it will tug on your chest, which is what you are really trying to stretch.

Mats Trane

New Box Press Handstand. Still need to work on opening shoulders more even though its getting better.

Adam Bodestyne
cdx said:
Still need to work on opening shoulders more even though its getting better.

Just curious, which exercises have you found to be effective in opening shoulders? Any/all of the suggestions already mentioned in this thread? Or have you found any others that are particularly effective?

Mats Trane
thanners said:
Just curious, which exercises have you found to be effective in opening shoulders? Any/all of the suggestions already mentioned in this thread? Or have you found any others that are particularly effective?

For the last few weeks I´ve been working on the ones in the video I posted on opening the shoulders. I think the elevated bridgework and the one with weight behind the head are especially good.

Razz

Very nice press and HS cdx! Your progress is really inspiring.

Mats Trane

Thanks Razz,

Always fun to get positive feedback. How is your own training going?

Mats Trane

Hanstand Training 8 Januari 2012

Comments:

Continue to work on opening shoulders

Bring legs together much slower (tighter) in press to handstand

Head sticks out to much

Work on: Keeping the head more nutural.

Alvaro

great! :D

Mats Trane

Thanks! I've been working hard!

Christian Sørlie

Real nice work Mats! You're really progressing. Keep it up :D

Mats Trane

Thanks Christian!

When was it you and Razz are coming to Stockholm?

Btw changed the music to that video. Apperently viewers in the US couldn´t watch it because of som copyrights.

Christian Sørlie

Potentially April, but the course is not on Poliquins site yet, so unsure if it's cancelled...

We'll have to wait and see.

Adam Bodestyne
cdx said:
For the last few weeks Ive been working on the ones in the video I posted on opening the shoulders. I think the elevated bridgework and the one with weight behind the head are especially good.

Oops, didn't notice your reply (edit: replies.. I realise I even asked the same question a few months ago earlier in the thread. No idea what is wrong with my brain). Thanks for the replies.

Definitely trying to be more consistent and diligent with fixing my own weak links, now.

Mats Trane

One every week or every other week I have access to "long rings" and try to work on my ring swings.

Any criticism is welcome

Mats Trane

New press to handstand attempt.

Any tips or critisism are welcome

Cole Dano

It's a pretty good start Mats. Seriously, I wish I could do that on PBs.

AndyLippai

Can I ask you how did your first 7 months of training looked like? You had a good start.

Mats Trane

I used the "Integrated training" its on page 178 in the book. If you dont have the book get it! It s well invested money.

Integrated training is when you pair for example:

Backlever work with pulling variations

Planche work with pushing varations

Frontlever work with leg varations

l-sit work with core variations.

I you look at the Wods you will see examples of this

Mats Trane

Handstand Training. 20121020