This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mats Trane Video/Progression Log

Started by Mats Trane, August 8, 2011 · 81 Replies · 6,212 Views

Mats Trane

To keep track of progress I decided start a Video/Training log which I´ll probably update every 6 weeks or so.

Stats:

Lenght 170 cm

Weight: 64 kg

Age 48

After I got the book I did integrated training (page 178 in the book) for about 7 months.

I then went to Mallorca for my first seminar. Here I learned ALOT. All the things I had read about here and in the book made much more sense plus it was so inspiering to meet people with the same interest.

After the Mallorcan seminar I started to do the Wods and in May I went to the Seminar in Arizona. The seminars realy helped my progressions, I got many many "aha´s"and tips. I want to take the opertunity to thank Coach, Dillon, Allan, Coach Jeff and Slizz for the great time and everything I learned at the seminars.

My current and future goals:

Backlever

Frontlever

OAC

Cross

Solid 30 sek handstand with correct form on floor

Handstand on Rings

Press to Handstand on floor

HSP

Straddle planch on Floor

Straddle planch on Rins

Backlever:

Things to work on: Stay longer in position, lower with legs together.

Frontlever:

Things to work on: Fix the arc in the back, Stay longer in position, lower with legs together, pull up again with striaght body.

Cross Attempt:

Things to work on: Loads of shoulder prehab so I can lower a bit more.

OAC:

Things to work on: slow it down/more control

Cole Dano

Nice Cdx!

BTW are you going to any of the European seminars?

Mats Trane
Mr Brady said:
Nice Cdx!

BTW are you going to any of the European seminars?

Thanks Mr Brady. I hope to go to the Mallorcan one!

Cole Dano

Excellent, i was hoping you'd be there.

Really impressed with your progress! Maybe i can do that when i grow up.

Newguy

I'm likewise impressed, love the videos, keep em coming

Christian Sørlie

Mats, that's damn impressive. You look more buff as well. When did u get the OAC? Nice.

Razz

That is sick man. Didn't know you could OAC. You look way better physically than last time I saw you, impressive man :)

RatioFitness

WOW! Very impressed!!!

Mats Trane

Thanks guys!

Razz & Christian, you guys are defininetly part of my progression! You inspired me to change the way I eat! About the OAC, I got it about 2 months after the May seminar where I got some great tips.

Mats Trane

Press Handstand

Work on:Opening the shoulders WAY more, keep the head in, active flexibility so I can spread the legs better, get the but over the shoulders before lifting legs.

Dreadrok

nice... im tryin to get back into training.. i havent for over 6 months i think. inspirational stuff, makes me jealous/motivated.

keep it up

Mats Trane

Dreadrok,

A couple of years back i was in the same situation as you just could not get motivated, did not tink I had the time and so on.When I started again I started by doing 15 minutes day 5 days a week. I figured that I just have to get in a routine just like brushing my teeth every day I started to work out almost every day. To keep myself from getting bored or come up with excuses like that i dont have the time and so on I did little but I did it almost every day. At the most 15 minutes a day. I mean everyone has 15 minutes a day that you can set aside for training. I also decided not to go to a gym but to do everything at home that saved alot of time. I mean just the time it takes to get to a gym, find a parkingspot and so on... In the begining I would do different sorts of pushups, chinups, SLS,handstand against walls, corework. Short workouts, but everyday. So thats how I got into bodyweight training. I then found coaches article and started to work static positions. Then this website came up and I followed all the great info here, got the book started with the integrated training ( page 178 in the book), went to a seminar after that I did the Wods like I described in the first post above.

As for eating I got Rob Wolfs book and started to eat the Paleo way.

Hope I got you inspired!

Mats Trane

Training box Press Handstand to improve shoulder angle. As I watch it I can also improve on tightness in general. Taping yourself is realy good!

Mats Trane

After reading Dillons tips about the planche I have since about a month and a half ago started to train the planch again. I was training the planche about a year ago but got nowhere, I was pushing into the planche instead of leaning. So I´ve been doing alot of planche leans lately. Today I tried a tuck planche.

Please criticize

Tarun Suri

Looks good if you ask me. However, if that's how long you can hold the set for, you have no business training advance tuck yet.

Razz
RandomHavoc said:
Looks good if you ask me. However, if that's how long you can hold the set for, you have no business training advance tuck yet.

I disagree. It should be part of his training, but not the only planche training. Mixing days with high volume tuck planches with high intensity adv tuck planches is a better solution imo.

Adam Bodestyne
cdx said:
Taping yourself is realy good!

It really is. You can pick up so many things regarding your form and technique that you might not have known otherwise. "Oh, this feels like I'm horizontal/vertical/straight/etc". And then you check yourself and go "oh wow, I didn't realise I was "

What sort of things are you doing with regards to improving your flexiblity, if I may ask?

Nigel Leeming

Hi CDX. Nice videos. Good to see another oldie trying hard. We're about the same age, height and weight.

Cole Dano

Coach gave a nice compliment by sending a note out on your thread Cdx.

I'm really impressed at how much progress you've made and in many areas. Great work, from where i'm at strength wise, i'd be really happy to get where you are.

Cole Dano
Nigel said:
Hi CDX. Nice videos. Good to see another oldie trying hard. We're about the same age, height and weight.

Oldie? This is 2011, 48 isn't old anymore, there are many members, including myself in that age bracket.

Rolf Nilsen

And here I thought I was old at age 39 :lol:

CDX, how much time do you spend working on your skills during an average week these days?

You have some great stuff already and a great physique!

yuri marmerstein

excellent work. that OAC especially was legit

can I ask what was your prior athletic background?

Rob Monti

Inspirational my man. Keep up the good work!

Jonathan Mead

I too came from Coach's link. Really impressive stuff, especially for your age. This is what I want to be doing at your age too.

I'm also curious what your prior background was.

Blairbob

Half of the guys of our old workout group from Marin were 50+ I think. Or at least 2, which was about half.

Then I was one of the only ones under 30, the others being 30ish or 50ish. The girls thought it was funny since we all worked out so hard given our age.