Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Parallel Bar support and chin up dead grip hang vids

mikelmarion

mikelmarion

Does anyone have a video of these two exercises on youtube? I have no idea what they look like. Also, we would want to do 3 sets of each for a begginer right? Thanks!

60s Parallel Bar support.

60s chin up grip dead hang

I don't see the need for 3 sets but if you want to sure.

It really is as simple as it sounds.

Undergrip hang

C_xPKEaHlmk 40s into

PB support

p-7MpLxohJQ

mikelmarion

It really is as simple as it sounds.

Undergrip hang

C_xPKEaHlmk 40s into

PB support

p-7MpLxohJQ

so 2 sets then? Also, for the dead chin hang are you doing a pullup or just haging for 60 seconds. And is it possible to do the parallel on something at home? Thanks Blairbob!

For PB you can use sawhorses or chairs if they are stable. I used to use barstools.

Simply just hang in the grip with straight arms.

Alexander Svensson

Should you strive to do the dead hang on the rings? Because I find it really hard to rotate my arms that much.

I do the inverted and hanging shrugs on the PB. I use the rings for inverted holds holding the rings as wide as possible, as well as slightly foward and backwards (akin to a FL and BL [ which looks like an inverted support hold ]).

Generally I just hang and do some swings and skip holding onto a bar for 60s in both grips.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Blairbob im a bit confused. I have seen in many other posts that these pre-FSP exercises should be done 3x60 for beginners (or thats what was recommended). Just wondering why you said theres no need here?

Also what is an inverted shrug? I dont understand what you mean by shrug. Thanks!

Sorry Blairbob im a bit confused. I have seen in many other posts that these pre-FSP exercises should be done 3x60 for beginners (or thats what was recommended). Just wondering why you said theres no need here?

I've also seen the same, so I'm confused as well. I think slizzardman's post here was a little confusing,

Honestly, that is probably too much right now, which is why you will be doing these for whatever time you can manage with a perfect hold and doing 3 total sets. You can do them in rounds or as individual exercises, though I know Coach prefers his guys to do 3 sets plank if they can't hold 60s, THEN 3 sets reverse plank, etc. If you DO have an easy 60s PERFECT hold then that is all you will do each day
and then your post here wasn't completely clear
Honestly you should be able to hit these for 3 sets back to back with little rest.
http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7002

So what you're saying is that you don't have to do 3 sets every time someone works these holds, just that if they CAN'T do 3 sets back to back it's not time to move on yet? Correct?

Okay so what I am gathering from all this is if you can comfortably do 60 seconds of one of the pre-FSP exercises, then you only need to do the one set during warm up. This is just to maintain that level of strength.

If you cant get 60 seconds for one of those pre-FSP exercises (or even if you manage to get 60seconds with difficulty), then work with 3x60s. But I am going to try for 3x60 on EVERY pre-FSP exercise. This means I won't be doing as much FSP work. Once I get 3x60 for each one I will move down to just 1x60. I do need the arm strength anyway.

I will also make the reverse plank and straight arm plank harder afterwards by lifting my legs up to the height of the rest of my body, rather than having it touch the ground. So my feet will be on a chair or something. I think this makes it harder and is also very useful.

We are beginners after all. And it is important we get this basic level of arm strength down before really trying to do the FSP exercises. Having said that, still do it if you wish to (as I will be) but prioritize the pre-FSP exercises first. And since the level of strength for pre-FSP exercises is not met, its worth aiming for 3x60 as this will definitely aid in the future exercises. Almost every exercise later on requires the strength you will gain from pre-FSP exercises.