Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Clean + MU's

newguy5000

So i was tooling around today at the end of my training session and did some very light power clean to push press movements. I did these immediatley after my muscle ups. I have a terrible power clean and have only tooled around with the Olympic movements a little - enough to know the basics but still really noob at executing the movements themselves. I haven't lifted weights or done any O lifts for years.

Anyway - I found that doing power clean to push press and muscle ups together really made my body feel good. Both are pull to presses the only difference being in one you move your body and in the other you move an external object. They seem to have a lot of synergy together - at least that is how it felt in my body when i did them back to back.

I was wondering if anyone has trained these two elements together before - perhaps on a multiplane pulling / pressing day? I am considering pairing these exercises together after my current cycle on a multiplane day at the end of the week.

They are opposites but as you said both push pulls

I used to work on both, worked up to a max of 260 at 135 on the hang clean and about 225 and the press with slight leg drive.

If you picked one barbell movement, you would have a hard time picking a better one.

Play with them, they certainly wont make you a better gymnast, but stronger yes yes indeed!