Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

V-sit, usefull?

ashita

Hey guys !

Except the core strength, why would you recommend me to learn the V-sit ?

I'm wondering what benefits i can take from it.

Thanks in advance :)

RatioFitness

Works triceps too, and scapular depression, also requires good active pike flexibility in the hips.

Erik Sjolin

Pike compression, MSH, and L sit lifts. It's all I did, and I'm just a few degrees away from totally vertical.

Rear deltoid really helps.

You did not understand, i just want to know for what it can help me.

Like working on the V-sit will tremendously help me towards the victorian ? Just a random example.

I know what the v-sit works and what i need to do to get it, but just want to know if it is really helpfull . :)

For someone like you, i'd say its a matter of goals. If V-Sit is something you want or not.You already have excellent levers so i can't see this helping. If you were interested in manna, it could be a step towards that, in terms of keeping compression with hips forward.

Thanks, no i find it cool but it is not at all my priority, i might learn it much later.

and no i hate manna, it does not interet me at all :evil:

Ok thanks Mr brady for your answer.

Have a nice week

You could think about doing some pike compression work, and the Vsit will come automatically, it's all about the compression.

You could think about doing some pike compression work, and the Vsit will come automatically, it's all about the compression.

This is not really true. A proper vsit pushes the hips forward and does not need THAT much compression. Many fake vsits on youtube just from compression, yes, but it's not proper form so to say.

learningtofly

So MSH is also the best way to achieve a proper V-sit (assuming your piked compression is fair enough)...

So this turns to the question regarding the benefits of a hard MSH work (with hands turned out or backwards)...

Yes, MSH is the best way to gain a good vsit. Also MSH work is very good for rear delt and possibly external rotator work.