Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

False Grip Problems

Dillon Kolacz

Dillon Kolacz

Whenever I try to put my body weight into a false grip I slip out of it lol! how can I stop from slipping

Practice, it can take a little time develop the wrist strength needed. It also helps to use chalk.

And try practicing with bent arms, as you get stronger straighten out your arms, until eventually they are locked!

Quick question about the false grip, what are the fingers doing? When I go to curl my wrist all the way, I can't grab the ring with my fingers because they aren't flexible enough. They touch, but they can't grab. Is it in my interest to gain this flexibility or does it really not matter?

Sure you'll certainly find it at any climbing shop, or even a good sporting goods store. Its very inexpensive as well.

If you lose the grip, well you lose the grip. I have something of a similar problem with my left pinky because it's now all bent up from an accident. It tends to slip out during false grip at times. Instead of straight there is a curve though it straightens out when pressed on the floor and makes a pretty good fist when balled up.

Work on that flexibility with the wrist series.