Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was doing dips today...

jacob

Usually when I do dips, going down as far as i can go, I can get about 8. Well i've been doing gymnastic styled training for a little over a week, and I'm already able to do 12 dips, 4 more then before!

I just found that to be quite exciting.

Yup body weight workouts have that effect, most like it. :)

We use to do ladder training in gymnastics with a group, but you can try it by yourself, 3x(rest)2x(rest)1x(rest)2x(rest)3x(rest); at the rest positions you are still on the bar but your arms should be locked, such as a tuck planche, this works great with groups or a single partner so grab one of your friends, you will go up in dips like no other, after gymnastics which was 3 months ago I still do 3x20 dips with no problemo.

My dips on the bars are pretty good. I can usually get about 15-20 on the first set.

On the rings is a different story. Fresh, I can get 5-8 reps. Now I start on rings, then finish on the bars. I always look to make the workouts as hard as possible.

• 1 month later...
Yup body weight workouts have that effect, most like it. :)

We use to do ladder training in gymnastics with a group, but you can try it by yourself, 3x(rest)2x(rest)1x(rest)2x(rest)3x(rest); at the rest positions you are still on the bar but your arms should be locked, such as a tuck planche, this works great with groups or a single partner so grab one of your friends, you will go up in dips like no other, after gymnastics which was 3 months ago I still do 3x20 dips with no problemo.

What kind of rest between sets and times a week did you do this?

1 set, as for rest, you just stay up on the bar and lock your arms, should be done with a group makes is tougher and is the key of the workout.

So it is like the same as ladders with a group. I do 1 rep, partner does one. After I do two, then he follows, and the rest is just between your partner's reps. I know some ladders designate like ten seconds (or any fixed number) between reps. From my understanding, you describe pyramids.

Here is the picture I have of what you are talking about:

1 rep, (lockout, and rest until partner completes), 2 reps (same rest protocol), 3 reps, (same rest protocol), 4 reps, (SRP), 3 reps, (SRP), 2 reps, (SRP), 1 rep...the end. My reps go up, then come down, and my rest increases then decreases, again.

If that is it, then my only questions left are how do you determine the rep pyramid you are to complete? If I fail on the fifth step (5 reps) on the pyramid, is that where I set the top of the rep pyramid (1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1). Do I keep building the pyraimd and until I find the one I can't complete, and then I work at that until I get so I can move onto a bigger one. And how many times a week do you do this?

David Picó García
I just found that to be quite exciting.

Just try to do dips on rings, after you can manage 6-8 bulgarian dips, you'll find you are over 20 dips on parallel bars, and with better form and dipping even more than most people. Now i do dips just for warm-up on pbars before rings.

• 4 weeks later...

I did 8 dips on rings today, and my chest is hurts. :D I think i did more than i should... :D But i keen on to do exercises like this. Rings are the one of the best things in gymnastics.