Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FSP Scaled Progressions vs. Full-body Assisted FSP

u3er

Hey everyone,

I've been training FSP for some time now and have developed strong advanced tuck planche and front/back lever positions. When progressing to straddle and full movements though, I can hold them only for a short time. I think that the different hip position that is required when progressing from tuck to straddle/full positions (ie. closed hip vs. hollow body) makes the transition difficult to adjust to.

So I'm wondering, what do you think of working full body positions using stretch band for assistance? You can see what I mean here:

. This technique makes you hold the proper body position but I don't know if it would have a negative impact on strength gains.

Any opinions?

Cheers!

A.J.

I've used bands or I have set up my feet on a block or bounced my feet off a swedish ball.

It's fun and nice and probably just as tough as it sort of self scales. However, I have stuck to holding the positions unto themselves without assistance because it's easier to keep track of progress.

They are good tools and perhaps something to do when first introducing the position, similar to Coach Sommer's idea about using a ring dream machine for introducing an athlete to advanced ring strength and connecting those elements together.