Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what is a great number of reps?

Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente

this is a question at wich i cannot say a response because i don't know how strong si the average of gymnast.

so for some of the regular strength movements like push up, hs pushup, ring push up, hanging leg lift, wide grip pull up and muscle up....what is a great number of reps so that you can say "i am enough strong to pass to another movements or add weigth?"

sometimes during my training i usually do some exercise (out of WOD) but i don't know if my max reps are in the average or under the average, in this way i don't know when is the moment to increase the difficult...

for example in the hanging leg lift i can do 22-23 reps at the bar, with traigth legs touching the bar without lift the ass to make the movement more easy. makes sense continue to increase the reps or is better increase the weigth?!

It depends on what you are aiming for. Maximal strength or endurance or muscle mass?

If you are aiming for maximal strength then I would work 3 sets of 5 reps. If you can do that you need to move onto a harder progression.

Crudely that is the basics.

Alessandro Mainente

ok i understand, i have ti increase the weigth to my ankles