Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche

Zac Rhyne

Kim Jongseong
With my planche training (on PB) I first focused on lifting hips as high as I could (i.e., shoulder high) and then with getting comfortable here I then secondarily put a heavy focus on a forward lean with trying to get a very good stretch/pressure at the bicep insertion.

With both improving I felt the forward lean increase and as I did my lower back started to NATURALLY straighten so I founded myself in the advanced tuck position though hips not quite shoulder high.

My question is should I resist this and cease trying to get a significant forward lean as I wasn't trying to go to advanced tuck? Please note that I feel my lower back is strong in that position - it is my shoulders that are comparatively weak so I hesitate to stop emphasizing the forward lean.

Your shoulders are comparatively weak? then Keep doing tuck planche till you can hold it at least 60secs. you shouldn't skip the progression.You don't need to lean forward so far. Just keep your hips shoulder high with straight-arms. however If your lower back is strong enough, you can keep your hips shoulder high when you do advanced tuck planche.

Since you don't state that you are holding the Tuck PL for 60 sec, make that your main emphasis, at least for one cycle. If you've already got it than move on. The Planche at least for me is fairly self-regulating at this stage, i can't go further than my ability.

At the same time if you are worried that your shoulders are the weak link in your PL, do plenty of scap work, i like to keep the work balance combining scap rows with scap push ups for example.

However, you can still 'play' with the adv tuck, just in small doses until you hit the goal time.

Yaad Mohammad
Sorry took me so long l to get back and thank you all for the comments. I have been at a client site for work. I have another question I had that I thought I had expressed in my original posted but upon re-reading it 'appears to be a poorly written' post and more me just rambling on.

My question has to do with the following. I never tried to do the advanced tuck. I was simply in the tuck trying to really emphasis the forward lean (and was capable of holding for over 60 sec but was on my third week in a cycle). BUT IS THIS what I should expect that the FURTHER forward one leans into the planche that the back will naturally uncurl to the straight back position?

Can one lean entirely forward in the planche without the back/hips untucking and straightening?

I hope this makes better since than my original post.

You'd simply fall forward. I mean why would you go forward in the first place? To keep balance, so no.