Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dream Machine Strength Elements

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

The following is a very good video by GB Forum member Svend from Copenhagen, Denmark using a dream machine (pulley system which cuts your bodyweight by 50%) to experiment with straight arm strength elements on the rings.

LqLBZ0gYcVE

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

Here is another very good training video by Svend. While he is still at an approx adv beginner level of strength, I very much like the calm, methodical approach with which he appears to approach his training.

jKERKUNBN7E

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I love training in pulley systems, especially since it allows for more difficult straight arm skills, although I'm uncertain whether the displacement of center of gravity, due to the placement of the belt, gives realistic stress on muscles. I mean, I can just lean into a full planche when in the pulley system, but when in rings, there's so much more back work required.

Any thoughts on the transition from skills in pulleys to skills in the rings, anyone?

Good job by Svend by the way, his maltese looks awesome! He has got a new subscriber to his channel for sure.

Niels Joergensen
Any thoughts on the transition from skills in pulleys to skills in the rings, anyone?

Do you workout by yourself? If you have a partner who's capable of spotting properly that's a great way to get stronger!

Wow, I'm extremely flattered to see Coach exposing my videos! :D One thing I really like about the dream machine is that it teaches one the balance to execute the strength elements. It certainly made me aware of leaning much more into the planche which feels much stronger these days. Also, it's great fun!! :wink: In the near future I hope to be able to do the BL press to planche as well as the FL pull to victorian in the pulley system rather than having to mimick the movement with weights in my max strength straight arm workout.

I too am curious about the dream machine's effect on the center of gravity...

Coach Sommer

Most advanced athletes do not like the dream machine as it changes the center of gravity and the "feel" of the movements substantially. It becomes difficult and awkward to contract the appropriate muscles correctly. This is then further compounded when attempting transitions between strength elements.

But as a tool for a beginner to become familiar with these strength elements, the dream machine is a lot of fun and a great way to get started.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

the dream machine is a lot of fun and a great way to get started.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Absolutely! A lot of fun!

I´m experimenting with my "ghetto dream machine" and I would love see more examples for what to do with the pulley system.

Now I´m working on straight arm push ups (planche to maltese to planche...) Something like Yuri is doing in min 0:35

• 2 weeks later...
Nicholas Sortino

Its kinda like what I build in my garage, except I made an adjustable pulley system. I attaches around the waist similarly, but lines run to pulleys offset where I can attach weights to subtract a desired amount from my body weight. It has been fantastic in helping me work towards a very smooth muscle up, and I am sure will help on other elements as well.

DennisGoossens
  • 3 weeks later...
Awesome for so many reasons!

Hey Svend, is that gym in Copenhagen? :D

Yes, the gym is located in Brønshøj ind Grøndal Centret. They have an open gym most nights. Check it out!

• 3 weeks later...