Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Workouts everyday?

Erin  Roepke

Erin  Roepke

Ive been working on GB stuff for about 2 SSCs now, and i get very sore. I think my muscles just dont recover very fast. My question is, do you guys work out every day? Like, on days when youre not doing muscle stuff do you do cardio? And is it bad for you to do something that doesnt make you sore (like normal pushups or even pushups off your knees) every day? Would that be too hard on your muscles? Im 19 and i have a job as a martial arts instructor, so even on days when im only doing cardio at home I usually end up doing some strength stuff at work. The stuff we do is definitely a lot easier on the muscles than GB stuff, since we focus more on muscle endurance than max strength, but i was just wondering if maybe it was unhealthy not to have a rest day.

It's not the best idea.

Are you eating, drinking, and sleeping enough? A lack of these will slow down your recovery time .

Jaylene Deane

Hey Erin, I'm by no means an expert, but I can tell you from experience, that if your really sore and fatigued, make sure you rest. It took me a while to realize this, as I was all gung-ho, didnt wanna miss out on any strength I could have been developing, (want that MU pretty bad) but you don't actually get anywhere without recovery. I'm sure you know the difference between 'bad' muscle sore and the very 'nice' one that we chase, but listen to your body. It will tell you when you need a day off, cause It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate :shock:

Everything I've read around the forum so far seems to point toward the slow and steady route but I'm sure one of our lovely Mods will let me know if Ive slipped in assuming there! :wink: