Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tendinopathy information

Mark Bernacchi

Mark Bernacchi

Hey everyone,

I've been having tendon troubles in my elbows and have been trying to educate myself as much as possible on the issue and I came across this presentation by Dr. Reinking in 2008. It gives great info regarding different kinds of tendon pain and I figured I should share it will you all, especially those others with tendon pain.

http://www.authorstream.com/Presentatio ... owerpoint/

Joshua Naterman

I'm about halfway through the presentation and it's an outstanding piece of work! Great find!

I actually paused it to learn more about how infrared radiation affects tendon healing, and it turns out that it stimulates growth of collagen and blood vessels WITHOUT increasing VEGF, so it accelerates tendon healing without making the tendon weaker in the process! Super cool.

Thanks for bringing this back up.

This is good stuff, also only halfway thorough, but wanted to acknowledge the OP.

RatioFitness

I need to watch this. I've recently come down with tennis elbow from writing too many papers towards the end of the semester and it's getting in the way of some of my training.

I'm about halfway through the presentation and it's an outstanding piece of work! Great find!

I actually paused it to learn more about how infrared radiation affects tendon healing, and it turns out that it stimulates growth of collagen and blood vessels WITHOUT increasing VEGF, so it accelerates tendon healing without making the tendon weaker in the process! Super cool.

********* Sounds great. Where can you get infrared lamps ? (i guess that's what you need i don't know)

Brandon Green

Joshua Naterman

That's what I use, 250W lamps are 10 bucks at home depot. Lamp is what most people call bulbs. As long as you have a fixture that can handle the wattage you should be fine. You can make your own fairly cheaply or pay several hundred dollars for a professional fixture. Many stand up lamps will be ok, but I find that just getting the porcelain lamp sockets from home depot and screwing them into a basic wood frame is the easiest (and least adjustable) way to set up a pretty cool home therapy rig.

RatioFitness

Good presentation, but did everyone else have to push the stupid button for every slide? That was really annoying.

It was interesting that that he advocated painful eccentrics. I'll have to look up the one on the elbow.

That was some good stuff, good find. Thanks a lot. I am going to give an attempt at making that heat lamp.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to pratice kungfu and besides the use of dit da jow and other herbal medicines i would always boil water in a pot, let it cool to a point where it is uncomfortable but not damaging to the skin and i would simply soak my hands and wrists in the pot periodically, switching each hand after a couple of sec and repeating till the water had cooled. It definetly gets the blood flowing and in the past has helped me alot when i would condition my hands. Hope this is helpful, God bless!!! :D