Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First time doing GM in 21 years.

Chris Cantrell

Chris Cantrell

Hi everyone, I am so glad i found this site. I got interested in my fitness about two years ago, looking to improve my off road motorcycle racing. Starting on a road bike, and now also working on a C2 rower. I have seen great improvements in my overall cardio and in my race results, but I am looking for more.

As a kid (8-13, I am 34 now) I did gymnastics and back then i was in amazing shape, even after i quit gym it the fitness stuck with me until I reached drinking age.

So now I am back and hoping some of you have a few words of wisdom for me.

I "think" I am going to need to keep cycling and rowing in my program on some level, not sure how much at this point. Over the last two years I have trained as much as 20 hrs per week, and have settled into a 8 hr per week program that I have been on for over six months.

One thing that concerns me is a destryed left shoulder froma MX crash. My left deltoid is very weak and small, and i still have some surface area with zero feeling, I guess from nerve damage. No pain and a good ROM but it might be an issue.

I have plenty of time to dedicate to my Gym work, and i am interested in skills along with strength. I would like to work on some tumbling, P-bars, rings and high bar.

My body weight is pretty low and i am a little guy but I could probably lose another 3% BF or so. I am 5'4 and 132 pounds.

I now I am leaving some things out but please feel free to let me know where to start and if I need anything else, any info about the injured shoulder will be great.

Thanks so much, looking forward to getting this started.

Chris

Quick Start Test Smith

Welcome to the forums, Mr. Chris! 8)

Chris Cantrell

Hi, thanks for the welcome. What part of Mississippi are you from? I live in Olive Branch, just out of Memphis TN.

5'4" and 132 Pounds and you could lose some of that, yikes!!! Something tells me if you work hard and consistently you will gain skills quite quickly. But don't forget to work smart as well.

Welcome :)