Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tuck PL question

Warrior'sSuite

Warrior'sSuite

Hi, I just wanted to ask if jumping into the tuck PL without having a 60s frogstand or adv. frog stand would be dangerous, injury-wise. I know it makes no sense to attempt the tuck PL without first holding the other 2 for 60s but it's just that i'm getting sick of this frog stand.

I tried the tuck PL and I could hold it for 10s with slightly bent arms, i think they were more bent during frog stand than with this.

FS seems to not be progressing that much anyways, maybe it's because i've been slacking off and not doing it 4 times a week without missing, sometimes I miss 1 or 2 days a week.

If there's no risk of injury, and it would just be harder than starting with the fs, then I would do it. But if there's an injury risk then forget it.

It depends on your current level of fitness, If you can hold a 60 sec l-sit on the floor and you think your wrists, elbows and shoulders are sufficiently conditioned then I guess you could go for the tuck PL. However I think you would probably benefit from working the forgstand and advanced frogstand now, even if you can hold a frogstand for 60 seconds I would still do a whole 6 week training cycle of it.

This will be good prehab for your joints and ensure that you encounter less sticking points in future as well as minimizing the risk of injury. One of my favourite quotes from Coach is "Make haste slowly", and as I'm sure nearly everyone on here will tell you that is very sound advice.

Warrior'sSuite
It depends on your current level of fitness, If you can hold a 60 sec l-sit on the floor and you think your wrists, elbows and shoulders are sufficiently conditioned then I guess you could go for the tuck PL. However I think you would probably benefit from working the forgstand and advanced frogstand now, even if you can hold a frogstand for 60 seconds I would still do a whole 6 week training cycle of it.

This will be good prehab for your joints and ensure that you encounter less sticking points in future as well as minimizing the risk of injury. One of my favourite quotes from Coach is "Make haste slowly", and as I'm sure nearly everyone on here will tell you that is very sound advice.

I don't know much about condition but i think my wrists are strong enough; i've read about a lot of people complaining about pain in the wrists from floor handstands or even from floor fs or floor l-sits, i've never had any inconveniences at all in my wrists from things like so that's why i chose to do the PL, HS and l-sit progressions on the floor because i read that it makes your wrists stronger.

Regardless I would still say do a whole SSC of frogstand and a SSC of advanced frogstand just to minimise risks. Also doing the frogstand will work your core and hips muscles and ensure you make better progress with the more advanced variations. In the long run you will save time, I know doing the FSPs can get really dull but doing them properly will give you a solid foundation of strength and conditioning.

Regardless I would still say do a whole SSC of frogstand and a SSC of advanced frogstand just to minimise risks. Also doing the frogstand will work your core and hips muscles and ensure you make better progress with the more advanced variations. In the long run you will save time, I know doing the FSPs can get really dull but doing them properly will give you a solid foundation of strength and conditioning.

I have to agree with this as well. I'm able to hold the tuck PL for about 15 seconds, but thought it better to focus on the advanced frog stand first. I can feel the load/strain on my shoulders when coming out of the tuck PL, but not so much with the advanced frog. Better safe than sorry. Last thing any of us needs is being on the injured list :(