Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Elbow and Wrist Pain

Banzas

Hello! :)

I'm here to ask for your help because I have 2 problems:

1- When I do backlevers with pull-up grip, my right wrist hurts, don't really know how to describe the pain, but I can't handle that position right now because I'm afraid of a serious injury. With chin-up grip the wrist doesn't hurt.

2- When I do this shoulder stretch, my left elbow hurts, not very painful but it's not confortable at all... (it's not me in the picture)

shoulder_stretch.png

Thanks in advance for your help :)

How's your german hangs? Can you do 3x60s, chinup grip, in a deep stretch? If not, you should focus on that before jumping on the back lever.

I never went for a 60s german hang with pull-up/chin-up grip... and if you see in my youtube video, I was already doing some back levers (4/5s ?)... while doing german hangs with pull up grip now it hurts my wrist. I'll try with the chin up grip. Or should I rest the wrist?

German Hangs should be supinated. Sounds like a wrist flexibility issue.

Pain in the elbow during floor german hang or rearward shoulder extension just means the elbow is a bit weak. Get some bent-arm strength in. You also might want to do that stretch with bent arms to alleviate the pressure on the elbow and focus on the shoulder being stretched.

• 1 month later...

Hi again! My wrist issues are gone but my elbow problem remains a little.

I don't think it's tendinitis, yet, and I don't really want to go that way. It doesn't hurt when I do, maybe because I'm too focus on the movement, but a little bit after, I feel a little pain, not to much, but I don't like it.

I've found stuff about tennis, golf elbow, etc, and mostly, they say rest and ice.

What do you think? Ice for a couple days and then rest until I'm feeling good?

I also would apreciate if anyone could tell me some exercises for me elbow to become stronger.

Thanks in advance!

Banzas

• 10 months later...

I don't know if someone is still interested about this topic but I think my elbow issues are finally gone.

How? In the beginning I did some bicep curls with 2-3kg each arm, about 15 slow reps stopping at 90º on the eccentric (physical therapist idea). Some months later, I was a little bit better but it wasn't enough so I though that making some hypertrophy training (increasing weight and doing less reps per set) would protect my elbow.

Results: I usually had pain from doing nothing and now I don't. The only issue is when doing that stretch on the first post it still hurts a little bit because of the hyperextension, besides that I think I'm fine, finally! No pain doing planche lean training, L-sits... When my shoulder is 100% I'll try some german hands/back lever tucks and front levers tucks also.

Thanks for the help,

Nuno