Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

which is more effective?

ilove2workout28

ilove2workout28

Straddle front lever, or one leg extended one leg tucked front lever? Which is going to help me get to a full front lever?

pretty straight forward answer.

depends on your grade of active hips flexibility. The first if active splits are within reach, the latter if not. Try your active straddle hanging from rings and see how much your legs will open up. I'd say at least 120° straddle for the first option.

Definitely as swarovski said - it depends on how flexible your straddle is and what your level of strength is whether or not you can actually use the straddle to build up to the front lever. The single leg is definitely easier than the straddle no matter what your flexibility is though.

Using myself as an example, I can hold a single leg FL for 10-15s but I can't get into a proper straddle FL. My straddle only opens to a 80-90 degree angle, which is rather pathetic. Since my SL holds are short, I use longer flat tuck holds to build up to longer single leg holds. When my single leg max holds will be around 30s, I'll start using that in sets of 10-15s to build up to the straddle.

ilove2workout28

I can hold the single leg position for about 6-8 seconds for each leg, and I did about 15 seconds today in a bicycle motion. My straddle is not too good, but I haven't tried it for a little while. My single leg fl got better I think because I just started doing my core work at the beginning of my workout instead of near the end after the upper body pushing, pulling and legs.

Michael Miskelly

My straddle flexibility is awful and so I was making quite a long lever which made the step from flat tuck to straddle a hard one for me. I used the one leg straight and other tucked to 90degrees up to a point where I had a max of 20 sec on each leg and found that even with my useless flexibility I could hold a 5 sec straddle without too much trouble. So I would recommend if you have poor straddle flexibility definately use the one leg.

To answer your question unless you have great flexibility in straddle like the others have said then straddle is much harder.