Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wrist pushups GTG?

Steven Andrews

Steven Andrews

Is there any danger from doing wrist pushups in the grease the groove format, say a set of 5 to 10 reps every couple of hours? Any risk of impingement? Sure there can be an overuse injury if done excessively but considering the amount of time spent on my hands in handstands with the wrist extended would an equal amount of time spent with the wrist flexed lead to any issues? I currently only do about 2 sets of ten a day on the wrist pushups and they have helped tremendously with an impingement issue plus the exercise just feels good.

I do not think it's a good idea. It is very easy to acquire overuse injuries from things your body isn't used to. Most likely you haven't been training the end range of motion of your wrist extensors for a long time, thus going overboard now will probably lead to an injury.

Be smart. Don't risk it. Keep the workload the same for a while. A month, at least. Then, start implementing more difficult versions like wrist pushups with less momentum or even locked arms.