Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

help with beginning

rojope3

Hello.

Im new to this kind of training. i tried WOD but cand do anything especialy on rings so i tried to design my own routine :?

I have a problem and i need someone to help me. Here is my workout program based on the things i read in book (BtGB).

mon:

pushups-XR 5x5

frog stand 5 x 12 sec

planche lean 60 sec

tue:

rows-XR elevated 5x5

german hang 8x8 sec ( i started with bl tuck 8x8 sec but i read that gh comes before bl )

thu:

hll-tuck 5x5 ( knees to chest)

rll-stall bar 5x5 (0,6 kg on each leg)

L-sit PB low 8x8 sec

fri:

SLS-graduated 5x5

natural leg curls 5x5

FL-tuck 9x7 sec

XR support RTO 5x12 sec

Question 1: Is it ok or should i do all those fsp BEFORE EVERY workout? Im doing it after fsb as you may notice.

Question 2: Should i stick with german hang or bl tuck ?

Question 3: Is it ok to lift legs to chest high on HLL tuck or should i go to parallel ? Btw i have mayor flexibility issues and cant go to parallel with straight legs :oops:

Question 4: Does anyone know any good all body stretching routine that i could use? Im REALLY NOT FLEXIBILE AT ALL

:oops: (32 years old btw)

Quick Start Test Smith

Rojope, I think the WODs are the best thing for you to do. If you have trouble scaling the exercises, try going back a week in the WOD records and following a week behind for a while until you get an understanding of how to scale. By following the old WODs (not really old, just a few weeks or so), you'll see how other people scaled them. Also, feel free to ask questions about scaling certain exercises in the actual WOD thread.

The WODs are infinitely better then something you or I could design, and will get waaaay better results. If it all possible, follow the WODs!

Also, find a post by the member Slizzardman and go to his youtube profile (there's a link to it in his signature). Find his video on FSP WARM UP.

I think that it basically includes frog stand, l-sit, straddle l-sit, german hang, and front lever (I THINK). There are a few threads about the FSP warm up here, so just search "FSP WARM UP" and you'll get tons of results.

Thank you for your answer Patrick!

It gets me frustrated how weak i really am cause i cant do even a single muscle up (which is quite often in ring wods) :(

I know wods are perfectly designed but i think its best to try Killroy 70 routine till i gain enough strenght to beggin with wods dont you think?

Gerald Mangona

I switched to the WODs a few months ago am finding them to very effective. Your question on the ring routines and muscle-up is very common. I can't do a muscle-up either (yet).

That question is addressed here:

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewto ... =14&t=4726

Personally, I'm doing two sets of the pull-up routine addressed in the above posting. And I've also added a set of assisted russian dips twice per week. As a result, I've also reduced my WOD volume down to only 1 or 2 rounds. I've been making steady progress on adding to my pull-up rep count, and I'm hoping by end of summer I should have the strength to do at least a kipping or assisted muscle-up.

If you can do 5-10 weighted pull-ups and russian dips...you aren't far from a muscle-u.p

J