Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ttt

Gorjan Trivic

Philip Chubb

There is a thread on getting started correctly. You will probably want to look that up and take it in. Also, a guy your size should be doing a very high amount of prehab. Keep your joints healthy and they will carry you through. Good luck in your training.

Wow, you're massive. I thought I was tall at 6"5. I can't offer any programme advice, but I would re-read the programme section of the book and look through the stickies on the forum.

Erik Sjolin

Yes! I'm not the big guy anymore! (6' 6").

Since I'm not that well versed in programming and whatnot, all I can say is lurk on the forum and read absolutely everything you can.

Quick Start Test Smith

Reading all of Ido and Slizzardman's post is a great place to start. Can't go wrong with them.

Do the scaled WOD for at least a month. I recommend this to everyone starting with the GB program first in general.

Doing it at least one cycle will expose you to a lot of different things.

Before you do it, I would spend at least one week trying to figure out what things you can do first.

i.e can you rope climb with feet, without, how high, etc. How long can you hold a support or hang from, etc. Can you do this or that progression.

Bloody hell another tall guy! Wohoo!

Although the WOD's are very popular another option is a hole body workout 3-4 times a week. That's what I like to do. Just pick a push, pull, legs, core and back exercise for each workout. Use slow tempo (5-6secs per rep) and make sure you stick to steady state cycle for 2months min each cycle. I would also maybe just think about maintaining you pushing strength until you pulling strength i much stronger as that kind of imbalance is screaming for shoulder issues! Just start with an exercise you can comfortably do 4-5 sets of 5 like rowing and work through the progressions. If you don't already have shoulder problems then I'd build the cuban press into every workout and you may pre-empt any problems.

I will warn you that doing bodyweight exercises at our size can be very humbling and your goals may not be able to reach as far. Although I've used that site as a resource to come back from a lot of injuries my gains so far have been consistent but modest compared to some of the much smaller enthusiasts. There are a few very inspiring characters on this forum though like Slizzardman and Eric who are pulling off some very impressive feats for their size. I think it's just a case of thinking long term and sticking to it for years. When I started about a year ago had tendinitis in nearly every joint from the 'train to failure' mentality and couldn't even open a door without elbow pain or squat without knee pain. This forum's helped me learn a hell of lot about joint recovery and I've gradually become a lot more active again now.

Stewart Whaley

I am not tall (5'10), but I can definitely tell you to take it slow from the heavyweight side (currently 230).

As mentioned above, tendon/joint health will need to be very high on your list with such long levers and weight.

Try to read all the joint, flexibility, prehab stuff on the site.

You might want to check out GTG (greasing the groove) to get your pullup numbers up quickly and safely. There are gtg posts here or google it and/or Pavel (the go-to gtg guy).

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Gorjan Trivic

Thank you everyone for informations and suggestions. It helps me a lot in order to use time on this forum more effective.

This forum is simply great, im happy to be here.

My apollogies for putting this topic here instead in Getting Started.

I have already started to training according to Coach Sommers book and your suggestions.

Program looks like this:

L-sit...conisist of L-sit PB low and L-sit PB...10 x 6sec

Back lever...consist of Back Lever - tuck...10 x 6sec

Front lever...consist of Front lever tuck ...10 x 6sec

Planche...im trying with frog stand, but im struggling for now.

Dips...6x10reps

Row variatinos...rows-XR elevated.

Pull ups...negative 3x3-5reps

classic 5x1-2reps

Core...V-ups straddle...3x6-8reps

V-ups.............3x3-6reps

Hanging Leg lifts...knee L hang 3x6-8reps

Lower back variations...archups(including side to side, tiwsting), RLL

Legs...im trying one leg squat with support.

Prehab...

I havent shaped my program correctly yet, because i want to see how my body reacts on this exersices than i will try to manage more systematic training program.

Longshanks...thanks for detail reply. I havent problem with shoulders ever, but i have put cuban press in my every day routine.

Blairbob...i was climbing rope a long time ago, and i remeber that wasnt too high. I just always have bad strenght / bodyweight ratio. I was training a basketball active from age 14 to 21, so we did a lot of pushups, wuthout pullups which also helps loosing pull up strenght. The most of WODs is tough for me at this moment,so i will try to do them when i get stronger. "How long can you hold a support or hang from", sorry but i dont know what hold a support or hang from means in exercise terms :oops:

The first reaction to this type of exercises are simply great. I fell much better because i replace training with weights with this one. I dont fell my joints like i used to before.

I also want to improve flexibilty. Coach Sommer speaks in one of his posts about real streching once time per week (for about 30 minutes). I will ask you, can you give me directions for streching program which Sommer mentioned above. On which exercise he means???Or can you maybe give me your streching program or some of your suggetions.

Thanks one more time everyone for replies.

• Gorjan Trivic changed the title to Ttt