Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Grip tape sticky

Mentis

I just got myself some rings on the cheap, but they are made of a slippery plasticky material so I had to use grip tape. I'd never tried grip tape before. After my first set I had to unstick my hands from the rings as if I had duck-taped them on. Why is it so sticky? Its just some generic athletic tape I got from sports authority. I thought it would just be a non-slippery surface, instead its more like duck-taping my hands to the rings and I can't reposition them without unsticking first.

Can anyone suggest a brand of athletic tape for wrapping rings that doesn't leave the sticky sap-like material on my hands afterward?

My preference is to just use the slippery surface to develop your grip strength more and just say screw the athletic tape. It's one less expense.

I don't however want to totally ignore the questions so you can go with theraband rubbery material and it works fine as well although I don't really recommend taping or doing this either really.

Baby steps braindx, I can barely hold a false grip even with the duck-tape stuff. :lol:

Thanks for the tip, any idea where I can find this material? I'll try to look around.

Google image "athletic tape"

That should work as well.

therabands you can by at any sporting goods store. They can double as mobility things too for the shoulders which is nice.