Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forearms, Biceps and Triceps

prestone72

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a while but this is my first post. Great stuff on here.

Question, is it beneficial to add in isolated work for my forearms, biceps and triceps? I understand it probably depends on the person and work capacity but am curious as a general rule of thumb.

If it helps at all, right now I'm working on front and back lever progressions (can hold a pretty good form back lever), planche progressions, a little handstand work and working toward a one arm pull up. At the end of my workouts my back, chest and shoulders are somewhat fatigued but my arms feel pretty fresh so that's why I'm wondering if adding in some arm work would be of benefit.

Thanks for your help!

Preston

If you're making good progress I wouldn't add anything yet.

But if you know you're stalling/plateauing out, and you think you have identified a weak link like you suggested then it may be time to start to add maybe 2-3 sets of specific isolation work for the muscle groups in question. If this restarts your progress then you know you are on the right track.

Alexander Moreen

All the things you listed are straight arm work, do you do any bent arm dynamic exercises(front lever rows, some flavor of planche pushups, etc...)? For forearms just do all your levers with a false grip.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll try adding in some isolated work and see how my body responds.

Yes, I have some bent arm work in there - planche pushups and pull ups, but that's it. That's an interesting idea to do a false grip during the level work, I don't have a too strong of a false grip at this point but I'll try gradually adding that in.

Thanks again, I'll post an update in a little while after I try these adjustments.