Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would want some advice.

pagoldh

Hi everyone!

Would need some help with my training. My routine looks like this. Two days a week I do strength training with four sets in each exercise and no more than five reps. the first day I do HSPU, weighted chins and legraises and the second day I do weighted dips, weighted chins and leg raises. two days a week I do circuit training for strenght endurance, mainly regular pushups or variations, situps, crunches etc. I also do planche and front lever progression work before every workout. Once a week I either run or row for 30-90 min.

I gtg (greese the groove) one arm pushups and pistols.

The goals I have is to get both maximum strength and strength endurance and i train to be in a crosscountry skiing race for 90 km next spring. I also want to be able to perform some of the strength skills you se in gymnastics and be in really good shape and stay healthy.

Is this a solid workout routine that can work to help me reach my goals or should I do anything different?

Love this site :D

Anders

Hey mate,

I am no expert, but thst sounds like a pretty descent work out. The only advice i can give ya, is to do what is working for you now until Coach's book comes out.

Im at the same stage as you, we know heaps about training programs from different areas of sport, but can not put it all together.....otherwise we would have to train 24/7 lol.

So yeh do whats working for ya, keep doing the planche, front lever and leg raises as Coachs recomends.

Maybe add some ring work in there aswell.

Wade