Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thoughts on CrossFit?

Asclepius

Larry Roseman
Yes, there isn't nearly as much rhabdo in other training systems and there are a lot of injuries stemming from improper programming and repetitive issues.

[urlhttp] You would have to go through the thread. It's nowhere near the size of the Irongarm one on Mr. Glassman though.

Thrusters technically are kind of a dumb move, but hey they are fun. There isn't a real need for the "American/CF" KB swing.

Wow that is quite a thread, mostly haters but you gotta love them :roll:

Eddie Stelling

I don't think there has been studies into percentage of injuries comparing CF to other training methods but I would be very surprised if it wasn't a far greater percentage than most.

Trust me dude, I 100% agree, and it's because of the gamdeday, balls to the wall mentality that people make stupid decisions and either use to much weight or push themselves to do full movements with bad form instead of using a proper progression. This definitely leads to way more injury.

hey man, make it easier :arrow: GB > CF

period.

Agreed!!! :D I just hate how most crossfitters really give people crap for training differently than them, and I don't want to be like that. I think every type of training is what you want it to be. You tailor it to meet your goals. Someone going into the SEALS or any type of special forces, or just wants to be that in shape would benefit tremendously from SEAL Fit workouts or Crossfit training. This stuff does bust your balls and it can be very intense; however I do agree that it shouldn't be that ball busting intensity in every workout. You will kill yourself as some people do.

Eddie - How is SealFit by the way? I've always thought that that might be the best CrossFit programming I've seen yet (correct me if I'm wrong here and it just looks awesome).

Dude, SEAL Fit was my favorite. This covers all the bases with very good programming! Most of the time you don't have to do additional work other than running. Got a buddy in Cali right now waiting to class up for BUDS that I used to do SEAL fit with after I graduated college.

Crossfit has done alot of good for me so I am not going to knock it, but nowhere near as fun or effective as GB for me personally. This has been the most knowledgeable group of people I have ever dealt with and Coach Sommers stuff is freaking perfect. GB all the way! By the way, a perfect example of doing some crossfit workouts for fun (selectively), tonight my gym's WOD was 30 muscle ups for time. 4:48! Pretty minimal kip towards the end, did 11 in a row at the beginning! It was fun and I smoked every one thanks to GB! I used it as my warmup for my FSPs.

Crossfit has done alot of good for me so I am not going to knock it, but nowhere near as fun or effective as GB for me personally. This has been the most knowledgeable group of people I have ever dealt with and Coach Sommers stuff is freaking perfect. GB all the way!

This. I couldn't agree more that the GB community here is very unique, and also uniquely knowledgable, possibly lightyears ahead of many other web training communities.

Coach Sommer

Gentlemen,

I appreciate the support, however this discussion is beginning to get a little bit out of hand. If you feel inclined to continue it, please do so privately.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer