Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help scale this WOD please

Gavin Strelitz

Gavin Strelitz

Hey,

I will be moving across to the WODS in around two weeks after I complete my SSC. In my current SSC I am at 2 x 5 for all push, pull and MPPu work. In terms of intensity I'm at normal dips, normal pullups and naners, PPP and tucked rows. Given all that the WOD I have detailed below confuses me as to how to scale. I want to be able to keep it to 3 or 4 rounds and the same number of reps as outlined. Do any of you have any suggestions on how to approach this?

Complete four rounds:

3-20m wind sprints

5 Pullovers

7 TOPs Pulls

9 FL Pulls

Thanks very much.

Everything hopping/jumping.

I was in my bedroom so I went for:

20 squat jumps

5 hopping pull ups

7 TOPS pulls

9 Hopping FL pulls

Bigger hop=easier move. Perhaps rubber bands/spot as well/instead, if you have access. And I think if all else fails, just do a pulling strength WO of your own choosing, because training is still training. Enjoy the WOD's, they are great fun

Alvaro Antolinez

If you need further scaling substitute with negative pull ups and XR rows. You loose the multi plane factor but maybe you are not strong enough (yet!)

Also keep in mind that this is a dynamic wood. That means you can use your momentum to help with these movements, which in part allows for the high reps. And of course you can also work from the tuck position where appropriate.

You can also combine the advice given above, perhaps for round one doing a jumping variation of the Rx and then as you fatigue in latter rounds moving to rows. Or attempting one or two of each element and then finishing the reps with jumping pulls ups or rows,