Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weighted Plank benefits?

Wesley1985

Hello,

Couple months ago i started doing Weigthed Plank with 20kg plate for about 30 seconds about 1 week ago it was arround 60kg for arround 35 seconds.

Now my question what will it do for me if can do 80kg or even 100kg for 30 sec a 1 min. It will increase my core strength but does that core strength that i gain from Weighted Planks of any use like in lifting things does it have any benefits if i go higher in Weight with Planks.

Another quesiton is about weight position do i place the weight on my upperback going down to my lowerback or do i place it on lowerback and butt? i did them both with 60kg a week ago but i want to know for sure which is better.

Thanks in advance for all answers

Greets Wesley.

I'd recommend working on the harder progressions such as arms out and working towards the ab-wheel instead of weighing down the plank. Why? simply because further variation (lower leverage positions) will transfer over better to the actual moves that you are training for ex front lever. Also while being proficient in the abwheel will make you stronger in the weighted plank (when I could do a few reps of the abwheel I was able to easily support the weight of my friend who is 230 lbs in the plank position, he stood on my back) I suspect that the reverse would not be true.