Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What happened to my wrists and knees?

Asclepius

Hey, I need some help from one of the knowledgable folks around here:

I did the WOD today, and everything was okay until the wrist push ups. I was doing them on my knees very slowly, and all of a sudden my right wrist just kind of popped. There wasn't an audible pop noise, but I felt a bone pop. It was wasn't painful, just very uncomfortable. Now when I bend my wrist back (so that palm is open), it feels like there is something on the right side on the back of my hand, right above the bone that bulges out that has a lot of pressure there, and slightly slightly painful. Anyone know what happened?

EDIT: I can rotate my wrist just fine, it is only when I push it back into the position describe above where the back of the hand is trying to bend back where I feel that discomfort.

Also, when I was doing the pistols the other day, when I did one there was a sharp pain at the extension above my patella. Now both of my knees feel slightly odd. Obviously the pain isn't normal (I rechecked form and it didn't happen again after that one time), but are my knees supposed to feel a little off after a very hard pistols session? Any answers now would be appreciated, but I will try and get a video of my technique up soon.

Nic Scheelings

The thing on the back of ur hand is it a lump that feels like bone or something else? If it is clearly not bone it may be a ganglion. They are common on the back of the wrist and I have seen a person at my gym feel 'something go' in her wrist and then a lump popped up and it turned out to be a ganglion. If it is bone you could have dislocated one of your carpal bones but I would suggest it's unlikely as you would have been in a hell of a lot of pain.

As for your knees hurting after pistols, basically no it shouldn't hurt, it's likely your doing something incorrectly but obviously I can't tell you without seeing your technique.

Nah, the bone is the one that always bulges out from the ulna.

It feels completely fine today. I think I know what I did to make it happen, so I will just be more careful.