Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Designing my S+C Program

Matthew Green

Matthew Green

Hi, I could do with some advice about how to put my strength and conditioning program together.

Here is what I train:

Handstand

Planche

Elbow Lever

Manna

Chin Up

Front Lever

Back Lever

Side Lever/Flag

Conditioning:

Kettlebell Swing

Kettlebell Jerk

I have split my strength into pushes and pulls. I currently do one push and one pull drill each session, for about 5 sets each.

My main drills are the Handstand, Side Lever, Chin Ups and Planche. I figure the elbow lever and front lever will develop quite well just from the above drills. I am not training teh Manna or Back lever yet. I will leave them till I get proficient in all the others and then switch over to them.

I like to train 5/6 days a week. I need help deciding which drills to do, how often, sets, reps, duration etc. and also how to fit in my KB conditioning.

Any suggestions welcome! Matthew

You can probably train the KB stuff after the strength stuff as metabolic conditioning.

Depending where your pullup and dip strength is, you could start back lever stuff and beginning front lever stuff.

Manna is very much about flexibility and dynamic flexibility. I reccomend to start doing some of the drills in or post the warmup before the strength section.

• 4 months later...
Matthew Green

Having now read the book, I was thinking of something along these lines:

Mon + Thurs:

Handstand Progressions

Manna or L-Sit

Planche Progressions

Tues + Friday:

Pull Ups

KB Ballistics

Weds + Sat:

Front + Back Lever

Side Lever

I was thinking of doing the Steady State plan from the book, keeping everything the same for 8-10 weeks, take a week off and then start again with the next progressions.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, take Friday or Saturday off...maybe switch it each week like on a rotational schedule. You are gonna be training 6x a week and unless you have a great ability to hold back you are going to risk overtraining. Watch out for the development of your rotator cuff as well. You have 2 days of front levers and 2 days of pullups (and L-sits) which can overload the lat/serratus if you aren't pulling in an upward direction (as I just found out after strictly doing just pullups for back work the last 2.5 years).