I was wondering what the progressions/hold times should be on handstands before starting to work this movement.
I can currently hold a FS HS for about 15 seconds. Headstands are no problem and neither are RLL from HeS in Pike. HLL are not an issue and can pump out 10 with toes to the bar. HeS push-ups against wall are at about 8. I can also put my whole hands on the floor in a standing Pike stretch.
It just seems that I can't even figure out how to activate the muscle groups needed to get my feet off the ground when starting this movement. I lean down with my arms straight on the floor, then start leaning a bit forward. Once there I can't even figure out how to start to raise my lower body off the floor.
What am I missing or are there some progressions that I am simply not efficient enough at yet to complete? Should I start from Box press to HS or go back and work something else prior and build it up?