Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Strong legs that wont effect planche and levers?

Timy7

Im not looking to have tree trunks, and dont compete in a sport that requires crazy leg strength and size.

Do you guys think full ROM GHR and rock bottom pistols for reps is enough for good lower body strength?

I feel glute strength is lacking with the above two compared to squats and deads, but my legs are muscled without being too bulky and affecting the leverage of planche and levers.

What say you? Next step for leg strength but keep reps low?

Nicholas Sortino

I have noticed that over the past 2 weeks, as I've gained 10-15lbs, most of it in my legs, that upper body strength (bodyweight) has become a little harder. But I like that, because it means when I accomplish my goals, it will just take that much more strength to do it. And being overall stronger makes me overall more useful. Especially leg strength when you talk about a job where you carry a lot of heavy shit (including people)

If you have gained 15 lbs. in the past 2 weeks, you could bet that most of it is fat. Muscle doesn't develop that quickly.

To the OP, you need to do a few sets of high rep, picture perfect pistols and then decide that they don't affect your glutes :wink:

Alexander Moreen

With single leg squats you can push with your glutes or your quads. You need to be conscious of contracting your glutes on the way up.

Nicholas Sortino
If you have gained 15 lbs. in the past 2 weeks, you could bet that most of it is fat. Muscle doesn't develop that quickly.

To the OP, you need to do a few sets of high rep, picture perfect pistols and then decide that they don't affect your glutes :wink:

More realistically it is like 11lbs in 3 weeks(ish). From whenever I got back from spain, I was down to 171, and now I am back up to 182(ish).

I am certain some of that weight is fat. I am ok with that for now. At the moment I am trying to gain mass, because I am tired of being skinny. But I am also certain that most of it is not fat since my caliper measurements have stayed the same. At the very least I have not added any to my midsection.

I am sure I could make slower weight gains, but leaner ones, if I fixed up my diet, since it is pretty bad right now, but that is for another time.

I used to feel the same way Timy, hence Razz's reply LOL. Unless you just came from powerlifting, don't worry about it. The bodyweight leg exercises won't increase muscle mass too much unless you have chicken legs already. Also, when you say strong enough, what do you mean? Is this strong enough to absorb the impact of a back tuck or strong enough to deadlift a bus?

sorry for generalizing guys but thank you for the responses.

say strong enough to jump high, sprint quickly and look developed?

I used to have tree trunks for legs and once I got into bw stuff I let them atrophy drastically.

I don't want chicken legs but I want a ful planche more! =)

I get the point, but you shouldn't worry. It may take slightly longer time but it's not like you will reach your genetic max and never be able to planche because your legs got too big if that's what you worried about :)