Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I Give Up...............Unemployed

chingyvang

I have been training frog stand for 2 months now and got to 45-50 seconds. But my unemployment ended and I got no more cash for proteins and other nutritions. I've tried working out with lower nutritions and proteins but it just made me weaker after each recovery and it took me longer to recover. There are other needs in the house so it would be greedy of me to spend my remaining savings on my muscle gains.

So for now i will pick up HIIT training and would love to start my planche progression again next year when i get a job, hopefully.

I don't know where you live, but you could see about General Assistance (Welfare). In Ca, you would look for the Dept of Human Assistance website and then you get on general assistance (which in california only lasts for a few months if you are single or much longer if you have a family [up to 5 years]) but you can also get on a food stamp option.

Other options would be look for the local food banks.

Learning how to decrease your supplement budget was necessary for me a few years ago to the point of figuring out what was absolutely necessary and not.

I don't really have a good idea on what food banks provide, but it's better than starving.

You might also do some investigation into your diet, you may find there are ways to budget so you can get enough protein etc. It may be a boring diet, but, eggs, ground beef, and steamed veggies can take you a long way

I don't believe that the supplements are required for someone at your level. I personally did a ridiculous volume on a near starvation diet, due to lack of funds, and knowing any better.

Thank you Blairbob and Mrbrady.

Hmm welfare, no thanks. My sister and her family finally got it after trying for years, it seems like a bug head ache trying to get Into the program, I should rather find a job lol.

I'm living with my brother and he's paying for the Internet and bills and I used to do the groceries before I lost my job. Now I'm just saving for important things and surely can't even spend $15 a week for chicken as a protein source.

And I'm not supplementing, I'm all natural chicken/ tuna as my main form of protein, orange juice for vitamin C, oatmeal for breakfast and raisins for in between Sets sugary boost. No form of whey due to gas/ diarrhea issues, no pills at all. And I've been doing good with the diet, just that no constant cash coming in for now.

But it's ok, I'll start next year to get into shape for summer, when I get a job hopefully.

Eddie Stelling

Sorry to hear about your troubles bud. But you don't need supplements or to eat perfect to train. It's ideal to for muscle growth, recovery, and performance but not a requirement for working out. When money is tight I don't buy protein and I don't buy a ton of food, but that doesn't mean I stop training. It may be a little slower, but I would not stop training because you can't afford protein and supplements. You don't have to have all that stuff. Just work out, listen to your body, rest when you need to, and eat normal as if you weren't working out to keep the cost down. That's like saying I can't do my crunches today because I ran out of creatine. Keep training dude!

First off, I am very sorry to hear about your situation and I hope it gets better soon. Having said that, using it as an excuse to not train is just BS. Ok sure you will not be training 5 times a week with high intensity, but 3 times without killing yourself and just eating whatever is there should still allow you to make gains. Don't give up man, imagine how many people out there are still training and don't know anything about supplements or good food and are still making progress. One thing that is sure as hell though: if you give up you certainly will not ever get any further, just be smart and adapt your training to what you've got.

Suck it up dude. At least train one time per week with high intensity to maintain your gains. People got bigger and stronger for hundreds of thousands of years before supplements.

Suck it up dude. At least train one time per week with high intensity to maintain your gains. People got bigger and stronger for hundreds of thousands of years before supplements.

I Do Not use supplements, how many times do i have to say this.

anyways thank you all for offering solutions but really, it's not like i haven't tried working out without proteins.

I think when the OP said 'proteins' he means can't afford meat and other sources of protein. The wording sounded like he meant supps to me too.

However i'm not really sure why you are posting this chingyvang, as you seem to have already made your mind up.

Poverty never stopped me, i've not eaten, i know great yogis, who were strong, worked 16 hours a day and were so poor they had to fill their stomachs with water. I'm sure there are countless other similar stories in every branch of athletics.

Its your choice, but just ask yourself why you are quitting, from where i read it sounds like you're looking for an excuse. Otherwise you'd just back off a little and do what you can, modify the training but not quit.

Stopping any activity is fine, no guilt there, just be honest with yourself.

Please don't take it out on the forum. You'll find allot of surprisingly helpful people here, if you want to help yourself.

This sounds like a joke. If you can't make great gains on poor nutrition + training, I wonder how good your gains will be on poor nutrition and no training. Sounds bogus.

David Picó García

Rice or corn with lentils or Chickpea. That all you need. If you cant afford that then the training and internet forums would be the last worry for me.

Joakim Andersson

I haven't taken additional proteins for years and I've made a lot of progress anyway, just without farting alot.