Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Possible Injury?

Bryce Warren

I was just curious about doing a muscle-up on this type of pull-up bar. I have a straight bar and this type at the gym I go to, I found I can do muscle-ups with a lot less of a kip and more of an actual muscle-up with this type rather than the straight where I basically kip and don't feel like I'm getting any benefit from it. Would this cause any problems in elbows or other areas because of the slight slant on the bar? Also is this actually more beneficial to have the space in between (rather than just a straight across bar) where I can lean and go into a deep dip rather than basically just kipping up? This picture is pretty much exactly the same as my gym only the end of the handles are in the middle instead of going outwards, but it's the same basic slant to it and distance I think. Arrows are where I put my hands.

life_fitness_life_fitness_g7_cable_motion_gym_system132429.jpg

Christian Sørlie

The reason a muscle up is easier on that type of bar is because you can lean in more, thus not requiring you to pull up as high as you must go on a straight bar. Kinda like doing them on rings but without the instability. Possibly a nice progression on the way to a strict straight bar muscle up. Might give them a shot myself.

Yea I find myself kipping way too much on straight bar muscle ups, so it feels like no progression is being made in my actual strength. It felt a lot better doing it on the spaced bars.