Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gym with no rings or P Bars

Troy Rodriguez

Troy Rodriguez

Ok so in my gym we currently don't have any Pbars or Rings as we are not a gymnastics gym but a Trampoline and Power Tumbling gym. I would love to use the statics in the book but i see that without those tools we are missing out on a ton of skills.

1. I can use stacked mats and blocks in some of the L, mana, straddle sits so im ok there.

2. What can I use for pulling work without rings or pbars besides a pull up bar and stall bars? (I have both)

3. Is there something before Frog stand for planche? Or should it go all the way back to planks and build?

Has anyone found a secure way to mount the Xrings from here to a 20' ceiling? I have a set and would buy more for strength training but I can't find a way to mount the darn things. :?

Can you hang the rings under the pullup bar? For our rings we just bolted cables to the ceiling beams and attached the Xtreme rings straps to the cables using carabiners.

Troy Rodriguez

Don't know why I didn't think of that with the rings. Buying cables would be easy, cheap, and carabiners are also easy and cheap. Then I can use my rings in the gym!! :lol: Thanks!

3. Well, frogstand is pretty simple. It's more of a balance trick but many young gymnasts, generally rec, aren't strong enough to hold it. Most of the time it's a balance and coordination issue besides alignment.

My gym is a very standard suburban type gym with no rings, ropes, gymnastic-type equipment, etc. I hang the rings from the pullup bar on the power rack. That seems to work for me. Slightly limiting but not so much.