This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FLeXi's Workout Log

Started by Bryce Warren, November 29, 2010 · 226 Replies · 13,023 Views

Bryce Warren

Strength/Prehab:

Assisted Flat Tuck BL Curl Negative (6s)- 5 x 2

Meathook Pulls - 4 x 4

Tuck FL Row - 4 x 4

Flat Tuck BL - 4 x 12s

GH - 2 x 30s

Pronated-Grip Ring Curls - 3 x 5

Wrist Routine - x 1

Bryce Warren

16/06/2012

Strength/Prehab:

Squat ROM

Superset:

ATG Squat - TOP / 165 lbs x 2

Flat Tuck FL - 5 x 12s

GHR

Romanian Deadlift - TOP / 200 lbs x 4

Ankle Routine - x 1

Strength/Skill/Prehab:

Shoulder Routine

HS

Piked HeS Press - 3 x 3

Straddle HeS Press - 3 x 3

SLS - 2 x 3 each side

SLS Squat Sits

Bridge Wall Walks - x 10

Wall Extensions 2 x 5

Shoulder Routine

Bryce Warren

17/06/2012

Strength:

Korean HSPU (knees bent, feet on wall) - 7 x 2

PB Tuck Planche Push-Up - 3 x 2, 2 x 3

MU Top Half - 4 x 3

XR L-Sit - 3 x 20s

Strength/Prehab:

DB Shoulder Press - TOP / 65 lb dbs x 6

DB Chest Press - TOP / 70 lb dbs x 7

Cable IC Press - 3 x 4 (Heavy Load)

Cuban Press - 3 x 5 (30 lb bb)

Bryce Warren

Thinking about doing weekly alternated training between power and strength. Training 2-3 times each strength day, calisthenics being done first, followed by weights in the second session. I'm not sure the lay-out for power training yet since I have yet to come to that part. Over the schedule would be:

6 days strength (high intensity, high volume)

1 day rest

6 days power (low intensity, high volume)

1 day rest

Repeat

If you've got any comments on this then please, share :mrgreen:

For this last week I alternated between pressing, pulling, and leg days. It's not easy, but tomorrow is the day for finishing out the week and I'm feeling really good other than my biceps being toast from todays routine!

Strength:

Wide-Grip Tuck L Pull-Up - 6 x 3

Bulgarian Rows - 6 x 5

Skin The Cat - 3 x 3

OAC Hold - 6 x 10s each side

Flat Tuck BL - TOP / 15s

Strength:

BB Curl - TOP / 90 lbs x 1

Full Lay Body Lever - 1 x 4, 2 x 5

BB Bent-Over Row (Pronated) - TOP / 155 lbs x 2

Wrist Routine

Bryce Warren

19/06/2012

Strength/Skill:

DB Split Squat (45 lb dbs) - 4 x 3 each side

HLL Circular - 3 x 6

Flat Tuck FL - 8 x 5s

Wrist Routine

Air Baby Static

Bryce Warren

Finally, my muscles are balancing out in my pull-up 8) Felt excellent today, both sides working equally. Now if only my left leg would catch my right one :roll:

Power:

Hang Clean - 4 x 8 (85 lbs)

Push Jerk - 4 x 10 (85 lbs)

HLL - 4 x 8

Wide-Grip Pull-Up - 3 x 3

Wide-Grip Pull-Up Top Hold - 2 x 8s

Cuban Press - 3 x 5 (20 lbs)

Wrist Routine

Skill/Prehab:

HS / HS Press

Giant Set: 5 Rounds

XR Tuck Planche - 6s

XR L-Sit - 8s

XR Tuck BL - 10s

Wall Extensions

Wall HS Max Hold - x 2

Bryce Warren

Power:

BB Squat Jumps - 4 x 5 (85 lbs)

Explosive Strict Pull-Ups - 4 x 4

Clapping Push-Ups - 4 x 6

Tuck Jumps - 4 x 8

V-Ups - 4 x 12

V Press - 3 x 10 (15 lb dbs)

Skill:

XR Support Swings

XR Straddle L

Meathook

Bryce Warren

Power:

Power Snatch - 2 x 5 (75 lbs), 2 x 5 (85 lbs)

Chin-Up - 4 x 6

HeSPU - 4 x 7

Cable IC Press - 3 x 10

Shoulder Routine - x 2

Single-Leg Step Jumps - 3 x 10

Side-To-Side Shuffle - 3 x 10

30 Yard Sprint - x 10

Power:

30 Yard Sprints

40 Yard Sprints

Back Step Sprints

Bryce Warren

Power:

Step/Step Back Lunges - 1 x 10, 3 x 12 (75 lb bb)

Bench Press - 4 x 10 (105 lbs)

Inverted Row (Supinated) - 4 x 8

Tuck L To Tuck FL - 1 x 6, 2 x 7

Broad Jump - 4 x 6

Scapula PPPU - 3 x 10

Cuban Press - 4 x 5 (20 lbs)

Skill/Prehab:

XR Support Swings - 3 x 10

HS Wall Runs - 10:00

XR Tuck FL

Elbow Lever

Scapula Mobilization

Hmm quick edit, thought I'd throw out a few more videos from todays training including swinging supports and flat tuck fl. Today was literally the first time I felt perfect form and my whole body working as a unit. All thanks to re-reading coaches excellent description on front lever in his book. No more focusing on scapula position, what a nightmare...

_iGynt7xQqM

Fed X

very nice blog!

Bryce Warren

Thanks man, appreciate it 8)

Bryce Warren

After day 5, I am realizing this is all very taxing so I'm going to add in 1 more rest day into the middle of the week. So, the 3 days on 1 day off deal. Other than that, I'm very pleased with my first week of power training. I thought I might struggle with form on a few things but it all came together nicely and I'll be able to perfect the weight/reps a bit more next time round. One things for sure after 1 week of power training, I am 100% ready to be getting back to strength and see where I am.

Power:

Pull-Ups - 4 x 4

Push Jerk - 1 x 8, 3 x 10 (85 lbs)

Half-Lay Body Lever - 2 x 10

Straddle Body Lever

Cable Bulgarian Rows - 4 x 10

Bridge Wall Walks - x 10

Power:

Hill Sprints

Skill:

HS

XR Tuck Planche

Bryce Warren

After some reading around on nutrition (once again), I've decided my new training program deserves a new nutrition plan as well. The journey to fat adaptation begins tomorrow. So my foods for the most part will consist of the odd low GI carbs, nuts (favorite), coconut milk, various meats, and lots of veggies. This'll be a new experience to me as I usually eat tons of fruit. As well as the PWO shake being changed from using dextrose+whey into delicious coconut milk+whey, and some low gi berries (or other fruit I choose). No idea how this is going to play out but it should be interesting none-the-less. Looking forward to see the effect it will play on my LBM. I'm pretty lean as it is, but the line to where I want to be has not been crossed, so I'm hoping this gives me that extra push.

If anyone has any input on fat adaptation then shoot it across, any information is welcomed on this (especially on pre/pwo meals) since I'm nowhere near a nutritionist and can only read so much before I start forgetting everything I've read :roll:

And that being said, today I've finished off my 6 days of power training. Which means I get my 1 day off then I'm full on into strength for the next week. Can't wait 8)

Power:

Power Clean - 4 x 7 (85 lbs)

BB Bicep Curl - 4 x 10 (55 lbs)

HeSPU - 4 x 7

HLL Bottom Half - 2 x 10

Cast Wall Walks - x 10

Wrist Routine

Hollow Hold - 2 x 60s

Maintenance:

Giant Set: 4 Sets

Tricep Extension - x 10

Inverted Shrugs - x 10

XR Tuck L-Sit

Positive Seated MU - 2 x 2

XR Tuck BL

Assisted OAC Negative - 2 x 2 each arm

GH

Bryce Warren

Today is day 2 of low-carbs and day 1 of strength training again. I can honestly say I never felt better training than today. I had tons of energy and my performance was just excellent, couldn't be happier. I was expecting a total fail from switching into high fat/protein, but it turned out to be quite opposite. After 2 strength sessions, I had energy to spare. I'm sure my week of lower intensity helped in that one as well.

Strength:

XR Bulgarian Push-Up - 5 x 5

XR Bulgarian Rows - 4 x 4

Weighted Inverted Rows (Neutral) - 3 x 4 (15 lbs)

XR Flat Tuck FL

XR Bent-Arm Maltese

Scapula Routine

Strength/Prehab:

ATG Squat - TOP / 160 lbs x 2

Bench Press - TOP / 180 lbs x 1

DB Bent-Over Row (Neutral) - TOP / 70 lbs x 3

Squat ROM

Cuban Press - 3 x 4 (30 lbs)

Bryce Warren

Goals being reached, PRs being set, so far my strength week is going beyond my expectations. Got to do something I've wanted to do for who knows how long now, a straddled back lever. I've had my solid flat tuck for a good while so I decided it was time to move on, and to my surprise it was solid. Soon I'll be evening it out with a straddle front lever. I have a solid flat tuck right now. I'm thinking within the next week I'll be attempting it if all goes good.

Strength:

Full ROM Korean HSPU - 4 x 2

Wide Tuck L Pull-Up - 4 x 4

Crank (Tuck Pos, Flat Neg) - 4 x 3

XR Straddle BL

XR HS

Wall Extensions - 2 x 7

Strength:

Deadlift - TOP / 175 lbs x 3

BB Shoulder Press - TOP / 125 lbs x 1

BB Bicep Curl - TOP / 90 lbs x 1

Weighted Pull-Up - TOP / 25 lbs x 3

Assisted OAC Hold - 4 x 10s each arm

Wrist Routine

And can't forget, a video of my first day attempting straddle back lever. By no means perfect, but it'll level out quickly :wink:

(Yes, my palms are facing down)

BHJGLrf9Hek

Bryce Warren

Strength/Prehab:

MU - 4 x 3

Assisted Tuck BL Curl Negatives - 3 x 3

360 Pulls - 3 x 2

PB Tuck PL - 4 x 10s

PB L-Sit - 3 x 20s

Strength/Prehab:

BB Lunge - TOP / 115 lbs x 3 each leg

Hang Clean - TOP / 95 lbs x 3 (stopped sets short, shoulder was irritated)

PB Weighted Dip - TOP / 70 lbs x 3

Hollow Hold - 2 x 60s

Kinesis Wall IC Press - Notch 8 / 4 x 5

Bryce Warren

Strength/Prehab:

XR Tuck FL Row - 5 x 5

PB Tuck Planche Push-Up - 5 x 2

Full Lay Body Lever - 3 x 5

XR Weighted Push-Up - 2 x 3 (15 lbs)

XR Straddle FL

XR Tuck PL

Scapula Routine

Wall Extensions

Strength/Prehab:

GHR Piked - 4 x 3

DB Chest Press (Neutral) - TOP / 70 lbs x 3

BB Row (Supinated) - TOP / 145 lbs x 3

Wrist Routine

Ankle Routine

Bryce Warren

Strength:

Superset: 4 Sets

Assisted OAC - x 2 each arm

Tuck HeS Press - x 3

XR HSPU - 5 x 2, 1 x 3

Meathook Lifts - 4 x 4

IC (About 50%)

Strength:

DB Bicep Curl - TOP / 45 lbs x 2

DB Shoulder Press - TOP / 55 lbs x 4

Weighted Chin-Up - TOP / 80 lbs x 1

Supinated Windshield Wipers - 2 x 10

Bryce Warren

Another week gone, looking forward to my 2 days rest (and my cheat day which coincidentally is tomorrow :mrgreen: ). So it'll be time to prep for my 2nd week of power training. Everything is going smoothly and I'm still enjoying the low-carb game. I only feel stronger and more pumped to train as my sessions go, never fatigued.

Other than that, experimenting in the kitchen with different recipes and making all this plain food taste incredible. Favorite BY FAR is my yogurt-type dish which includes 30g vanilla cream whey, 1/2c coconut milk, and 1/2c blueberries. So sweet and delicious it's like cheating :lol:

Strength:

XR L-Sit - 2 x 25s, 1 x 15s

PB Tuck L To L Extensions - 2 x 5

XR Straddle BL (60%) - 4 x 10s

Narrow Seated MU - 4 x 3

Tick-Tocks Flat Tuck - 3 x 3

HeS RLL - 4 x 6

GH - 2 x 30s

Strength/Prehab:

Weighted PB Dip - TOP / 100 lbs x 1

ATG Squat - 1 x 4 (135 lbs), 2 x 2 (155 lbs)

SLS - 2 x 4 each leg

BB Upright Row Press - 3 x 6 (40 lbs)

V-Press - 2 x 4 (20 lbs)

Bryce Warren

Power/Prehab:

BB Upright Row Press - 3 x 7 (30 lbs)

Reverse IC Press (2nd notch) - 3 x 6

Finger Hold - 3 x 20s

Hanging Shrugs - 3 x 10

Power Clean - 4 x 6 (85 lbs)

Dynos - 4 x 4

HLL - 3 x 7

Box Jumps - 3 x 7

Skill/Prehab:

XR RTI Support - 2 x 40s

90-90 Chin-Up Hold - 3 x 20s

HS

HS Shrugs - 3 x 10

Wrist Routine

Wall Extensions - 2 x 5

Shoulder Routine

Bryce Warren

Power/Prehab:

Ankle Routine

Scapula Routine

Hollow Hold - 2 x 60s

Weighted Killers - 2 x 8 (35 lbs), 2 x 10 (35 lbs)

Clapping Push-Ups - 4 x 7

Elevated Inverted Rows - 4 x 7

V-Ups - 4 x 8

Broad Jump - 3 x 6

Power:

40 Yard Hill Sprints

Hill Back Step Sprints

20 Yard Hill Sprints

Bryce Warren

Power/Prehab:

Shoulder Routine - x 2

False-Grip Hang - 3 x 15s

Planche Leans - 3 x 5

Pivot BB Clean And Press - 5 x 8 (50 lbs)

HeSPU - 4 x 8

Chin-Up - 3 x 7

Half-Lay Body Lever - 4 x 8

Maintenance/Skill:

XR Tuck FL - 3 x 25s

XR Tuck BL - 3 x 25s

XR Tuck PL

Assisted Elbow Lever

RB Reverse FL Press - 3 x 12

RB Reverse BL Press - 3 x 12

Wrist Routine

Bryce Warren

Blasted through old records today. I had immeasurable amounts of energy, my guess would have to be the 30g or so of carbs taken pre-workout. Which I haven't done in who knows how long. So I'm assuming my insulin sensitivity has gone up a substantial amount since I used to get fairly tired after carb digestion. So, progress in quite a few areas which is great. Tomorrows another day, can't wait to be done this weeks power training.

Power/Prehab:

Shoulder Routine - x 2

Squat ROM

Jumping Pull-Up - 2 x 12

BB Squat Jump - 4 x 8 (85 lbs)

Dynos - 4 x 4, 2 x 5

Push Jerk - 7 x 8 (95 lbs)

Kinesis IC Press - 3 x 8 (Notch 6)

Box Jump - 4 x 8

Maintenance/Skill:

XR RTI Support - 2 x 45s

XR Support Swings - 3 x 11

XR Tuck L-Sit - 4 x 25s

XR Seated MU - 2 x 2

Korean HSPU - 2 x 2

Bridge Wall Walks - x 10

Bryce Warren

Maintenance/Skill/Prehab:

Shoulder Routine

Wrist Routine - x 2

XR Straddle Tuck L - 4 x 20s

Meathook

Air Baby - 5 x 10s each side

Strap Wrist Curls - 3 x 12

Strap Hammer Curls - 3 x 10

Wall Extensions - 2 x 5

Power/Maintenance/Prehab:

Scapula Routine - x 2

Upright Row Press - 3 x 8 (30 lbs)

Hang Clean - 5 x 7 (85 lbs)

Push-Up - 7 x 8

Inverted Row (Supinated) - 4 x 8

GHR Piked - 4 x 6

Scapula PPPU - 4 x 8

Windshield Wipers (Supinated) - 3 x 10

Bryce Warren

Power/Prehab:

Ankle Routine - x 2

60 Yard Hill Sprint - x 4

40 Yard Hill Sprint - x 6

20 Yard Hill Sprint - x 8

Power/Maintenance/Prehab:

Explosive Step-Ups - 4 x 5 each leg (40 lbs)

Calf Raises - 4 x 14 (90 lbs)

SLS - 2 x 4 each leg

Superset: 3 rounds

Single-Leg Box Jumps - x 5 each leg

V-Ups - x 8

Squat ROM