Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A New Start

Nrxszvo

Good day all. Forgive me for my question as I am sure everyone is sick of it by now (myself included), but I shall ask it none the less as I am yet another beginner confused by what is the best way to start out...

I purchased the BtGB book / dvds and rings when they originally went on sale. Loved the content. But still I sit here confused. I've gone years on and off with wanting to workout, but giving up after weeks / months due to a compulsion to get my workout routine, prehab work, flexibility routine etc etc "perfect" in planning and executing... I have read most sticky and non-sticky articles, but I'm still pretty clueless. I haven't spent much time around the forum in a long time now... After coming back and seeing so much useful information I have no idea what or where to start. I am even further from where I want to be it seems!

So, as I said, I'm sure everyone is sick of this question but I am here asking for some direction. ANYTHING! (I'm sure my post seems slightly vague as to what I want to achieve... So, throw some questions at me if possible!)

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to read my post. Peace out,

Nrxszvo

Follow the WODs. These are the perfect plan you are looking for. The timing and exercises are there to give you great gains in all areas. After you follow the WOD a while, you may want to do your own routine. But they are so good that you may just stay with them.

Look up the wrist series and Ido Portal's shoulder series. Good for warmup.

Do the WOD for now. If there is anything specific you want to work on, do it between the warmup and WOD. That can be HS presses, L and straddle-L and manna work, Muscle-ups, circle work, HS balancing and walking, etc. Most of this stuff is in the WOD, but you can do much of it as skill work. Just watch out for overdoing it throughout the week/month.

Stretch afterwards. Do the basic hip series that has been explained and stretch.

MobilityWOD can give you a lot of stretches to use either as a warmup or post workout stretch. stretching goes over a lot of stretching resources.

Put some bridge wall walks in the warmup or cooldown.

Thanks for the reply's Blairbob and PHILIP! I have a question regarding WODs. After reading the pre-requisites and seeing that I should not start certain progressions until I have gone through others (German Hang > BL for example) I am unsure how to scale down WODs! Any help? Am I just stupid? :D...

Peace out,

Nrxszvo

Philip Papandrea

The best way to scale the WOD is to use the book to look up what family of exercises the exercise comes from and pick an appropriate progression that you can do for the required # of reps and sets. You could also look through pase WOD threads and see what other people are substituting movements with.

Just like the other Philip said, buy the book. It is awesome and worth it completely. It is also a fun read just in general. But it has all the progessions you need to scale.