Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Salad Dressing

Nicholas Sortino

Razz,

Find a good butcher that makes its own smallgoods (bacon, ham, etc). They shouldn't use nitrates, the butcher I work at cures their meats in salt, honey and water, that's it!

Ed

Joshua Naterman
Maybe even some pieces of bacon every once in awhile
once in awhile?

I like dowsing my salad with my concoction, typically vinegar and spices. Oil is nice, especially if I want some fat in my diet but otherwise unnecessary.

Bacon is a daily regimen in my diet. I rarely go a day without bacon. Greatest food ever.

Bacon is indeed tasty, and if you can find the true lard (not that half hydrogenated poison) you will find out that pig fat is just about the tastiest thing to cook in ever. It's also incredibly healthy, but good luck finding that in your local store, you'll have to find a good butcher like what Ed is talking about.

Nicholas Sortino

I just pour my bacon fat through a coffe filter after cooking it and put it in the fridge. And Blamo, instant lard. I also have a 5-gallon bucket of grass-fed beef tallow in my pantry, and 2 2.5lbs buckets of grass-fed lamb tallow as well. I love my lard :)

• 2 months later...

A dressing I discovered and was taught to make in Japan is sesame dressing. I simply love it!

Tahin (ground sesame paste)

Vinegar (in Japan it was rice vinegar, but i use apple cider vinegar)

Honey or other sweetener

Sesame oil

A little salt or soy sauce

Thin with either water or milk if desired

I usually make of 1 teaspoon tahin, and the rest is just very small doses. Experiment with how you like the taste.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.