Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

October 2010 Balance training

yuri marmerstein

Eddie Stelling

Wow man. That was incredible bro, makes me want to go train right now! Good Job Yuri, thanks for sharing.

Michael Traynor

Fantastic work Yuri! Congratulations :) Incredible stuff, i'm very excited for a time when I might look this comfortable on my hands.

Fantastic! Everything was so controlled. Thanks for posting! Literally every video you post makes me want to train HS that little bit more! Great job.

PS Very impressed by the ring HS

yuri marmerstein

Thanks men. I've been working really hard but still have big plans for the future

GREAT JOB YURI!!! Seriously! Your one arm HS is really looking good. And your control in the rings is ridiculous.

I'm going to do some handstands right now :D

yuri marmerstein

Thanks Slizz and others. I've gotten a lot better but there are still many issues i have to fix.

Tomorrow I leave for las vegas, and during the weekend Jamesters of the forum and I will get to train with Yuval Ayalon. Should be exciting.

Mikael Kristiansen

Killer progress! I have been performing at a festival in france, so I just got back on internet and saw your video. WIth what you have now, you could seriously start to consider to become a professional circus handbalancer. A couple of years with a coach and you would easily be ready. Of course the artistic part, of actually trying to find an interesting presentation is important as well, is just as important, but that is also one of the major things you explore in circus schools.

I will give you some critique later, but I need to do that in a different post, as I dont have time right now. I can also give you some more elaborate info on different schools if you are interested.

Good luck training with Yuval! He is very good and seems to be very have very good knowledge.

You sir are a pressing beast :). Just out of curiosity do you train pulling movements as hard? I've seen the deadlifts and stuff just wondering if you do a lot of front lever work and other such things?

yuri marmerstein
Killer progress! I have been performing at a festival in france, so I just got back on internet and saw your video. WIth what you have now, you could seriously start to consider to become a professional circus handbalancer. A couple of years with a coach and you would easily be ready. Of course the artistic part, of actually trying to find an interesting presentation is important as well, is just as important, but that is also one of the major things you explore in circus schools.

I will give you some critique later, but I need to do that in a different post, as I dont have time right now. I can also give you some more elaborate info on different schools if you are interested.

Good luck training with Yuval! He is very good and seems to be very have very good knowledge.

Thanks! I learned a lot training with Yuval and I will implement what I have learned into my further training.

You sir are a pressing beast :). Just out of curiosity do you train pulling movements as hard? I've seen the deadlifts and stuff just wondering if you do a lot of front lever work and other such things?

I am naturally not good at pulling because I have heavy legs, but I do try to balance everything out. I work front levers and pullup variations quite frequently

yuri marmerstein
Can you tell us a bit about training with Yuval?

What specifically do you want to know? There was a lot we covered over the course of 3 hours. Here is a list

body line drills on the wall

getting into and holding basic two arm handstand in good alignment

presses to and from handstand

handstand pushups

playing around with handstands on blocks

one arm handstands in straddle, half open, and straight body

we also briefly touched on flags

• 2 weeks later...

That video was sickening... I'd well done but I don't think that quite covers it. It would probably take me a bout a decade to get to that point.