Okay I am just did the statics today for two reasons. numeral uno (#1)[Number one?]{1.?} My arms are FRIED from yesterday, they usually are not bad, or there is nothing at all after a WOD, but yikes! :shock: And number two I might be able to go to an open gym tomorrow for 1 1/2 hours. So I don't want to be any more sore then I am today, especially because that in itself will be quite a workout depending on what I do.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Because everyone is still a NewGuy at heart
Started by Newguy, October 26, 2010 · 91 Replies · 5,489 Views
Day One Week Nine
Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §
Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §
WOD -- 110419
Complete four rounds:
30m Sled/Tire Sprint (with someone with a huge rubber band/workout band behind me)
20m Squat Jumps
10 Depth Jumps
Finish the workout with 2x60 seconds of Seated Toe Point Stretch
Notes: Well on Monday I just did routine stuff, Rings P-bar pommel, and I kindav hurt my wrist, its not too bad and should heal in a week or two if I don't aggravate it. I will post about this in another topic.
Day Three Week Nine
XR L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec
Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30
Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30
Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20
Manna Low -- 2X30
XR Planche leans -- 4X15
WOD -- 110421
Perform the following:
3x10 Windshield wipers
3x10 Overhead Lunges 45lbs
3x5 Single leg Arch-ups 5lbs
Finish the workout with 3x10 Hip Extensions
Notes: I am somewhat keeping up my SSC until my wrist stops bothering me, except I am substituting in stuff on the rings and parraletes instead. Oh, and if you ever heard that a ring PL is a totally different skill then a floor one, it is TRUE!!!
Anyways it was a really enjoyable WOD and SSC, always nice to change stuff up a bit (Even though you are not supposed to, but hey! I did not have a choice)
Day Four Week Nine
XR L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §
Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §
Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §
Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §
Manna Low -- 2X30 §
XR Planche leans -- 4X15 §
WOD -- 110422
Perform:
1x10 Cast Wall Walks
1x5 Pike HS's
1x10 Straddle HS's
10 minutes of HS Wall Runs
Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups.
Notes: I had about a 1/2 to 1/3 work/rest ratio on the wall runs, and I am somewhat sore in my abs from yesterday (Its weird I thought my abs would never get sore from a WOD because they are just naturally strong, guess I was wrong)
En-Joy your training! ![]()
Day One Week Ten
L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §
Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §
Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §
Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §
Manna Low -- 2X30 §
Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §
WOD -- 110426
Perform the following:
3 sets of; MU, 2 XR Bulgarian Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU (I never could keep the false grip) to a shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Negative Half lay Front Pulls, 2 slow Negative full lay Back Pulls
5x15 seconds tuck FL
5x15 seconds XR Strap HS
5x15 seconds German Hang
Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.
Notes: I did statics normal today, my wrist feels perfectly fine ![]()
Day Three Week Ten
L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §
Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §
Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §
Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §
Manna Low -- 2X30 §
Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §
WOD -- 110428
Complete 3 sets of each:
1 Embedded XR L-sit (semi low) + 5 Tempo XR Dips
1 Embedded (Kinda straddle kinda Flat tuck, also my left elbow felt… not good on this one) BL + 5 Tempo Flat tuck reverse yewkis
1 Embedded FL + 6 Tempo HLLs
Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks. THESE ARE MURDER!!!
Notes: I was originally going to skip the WOD because I did not feel like it. Buttt my little brother told me to ![]()
Today's is a kindav busy day, so I am going to just not workout today, also another reason is I think my body needs a little bit of rest, because I think I worked it to hard the past couple of days.
Day One Week Eleven
L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §
Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §
Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §
Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §
Manna Low -- 2X30 §
Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §
WOD -- 110503
Perform:
1x10 Cast Wall Walks
1x5 Pike Press HS
1x10 Straddle Press HeS
Walking HSPU Ladders (Went all the way up to HeSPU with a wall)
Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups (I did 15 of these with straight body on my knees, but I just figured out that I could do them in a full lay pushup position. So I did 5 that way.)
Notes: Normal Monday. I only did 2 rounds of the HSPU's.
Funny story, my brother took a picture of me doing my l-sit's because he said that I looked like a "BEAST!!!" The picture was seriously hilarious, my face was all scrunched up, and with the way it was taken, combined with how the l-sit works your body. I looked like a body builder
Then he deleted it….Grrr I might have to take another and upload it for laughs.
Due to my throwing my guts up into a toilet, helping setup for a wedding, partying at a wedding. I missed yesterdays SSC, and WOD.
(Actually I am not that sad about it, it was a blast helping out with the wedding, and they are great friends) And today I will miss it because I am taking someone to a surprise Birthday party...I have pretty good excuses!
Oh and someone do me a favor, if I skip anything next week SLAP ME SILLY!!! :!: :!: :!:
Thanks ![]()
Okay, here's the deal, I landed a backhandspring wrong on saturday, and hurt my left arm, I think it is sprained. So anyway it seems to be healing, and I think in a week or a little more it should be fine. So in the mean time I will do stuff for the back, legs, abs, ect that don't hurt my arm.
Okay I am SOOOO Sorry I have not posted in forever, but between being sick as a dog, being out of town, and my wrist/arm bothering me! I had not been able to workout for awhile. Sooo This week I have started back up. (Actually last Saturday) So on Saturday I practiced at an "open gym" for 1 & 1/2 Hours Mainly doing BHS Kips on High bar and a couple simple stuff on the rings.
On Monday I had a regular day at gymnastics... I did floor, vault, and high bar. AND I GOT MY FIRST NON ARMS BENDING KIP!!! (Kudos to you if you know what it is :wink: )
And on Tuesday I did the WOD (The handstand one) I was not too happy with my presses, but the horrid from could not be helped as I was training using a tree for my wall! But the HS wall runs were not bad, I had about a 1 min work 45 second rest ratio.
And last but not least today I am Planning on getting my new SSC times
And prolly going to skip the WOD
Anyways! I am back
:twisted:
Okay, so I am not going to post the details, cuz its late and I want to go to bed. But I did todays WOD however I never got the chance to do anything yesterday ![]()
Okay so quick update, on Saturday I played volleyball for about 5 hours :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Yup that was fun
And now my legs are appropriately sore!
You know how the last hill on a walk/run is always the hardest. WELL THE BRIDGE WALL WALKS ARE MURDER!!! Ahhh it was a good WOD, I subed in Flat tuck FL's Flat tuck BL's and Tuck PL for the first two rounds and adv. frog for the last. regular MU's 5lb RLL (No weight on the first round)
Anyways WOOOHOOOO Working out = awesome
I did yesterdays WOD, and it felt pretty good. For the Front pulls I did flat tuck on the way up and straddle on the way down. And for the FL rows it was just tuck, and FL Pulls Straddle Today I am just toying around with HS's and tricking on the trampoline. ![]()
Okay so here's the deal, I have not been posting lately, but I have been doing the WOD's, I have not started another SSC though. So I am thinking that I will only post when something interesting comes up. Like a new SSC, getting a new skill, injury (lets hope not!) ect.. ![]()
:/ I have not been good about working out lately, (for the past two weeks) But that is partially not my fault as I had out of town commitments, however yesterday I did get a new skill!
I got my first real dislocate yesterday!!!
Here is a video of someone else doing one.