This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Because everyone is still a NewGuy at heart

Started by Newguy, October 26, 2010 · 91 Replies · 5,489 Views

Newguy

Day One Week Seven

L-Sit -- 2X30 §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20 §

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30 §

Manna Low -- 4X15 §

Planche Tuck -- 7X8 §

WOD - 110203

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian Rows

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo XR PPP (I was not quite able to turn the rings out while in the bent arm motion)

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Body Levers (I straddled them, and My tempo was more like 414, simply because they were so hard to lift up out of :o)

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

Notes: Thoughts for the Workout-day?

I am ready for the next SSC, the statics are feeling great

My Row strength is lacking :/

I thought I had strong abs :'( but these Body Levers killed me!!! So did the Bridge wall walks :)

Newguy

CHALK HAS ARRIVED!!! :D You would NEVER Believe the difference it makes with Muscle-ups!

Newguy

Day Four Week Seven

L-Sit -- 2X30 §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20 §

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30 §

Manna Low -- 4X15 §

Planche Tuck -- 7X8 §

WOD - 110204

Complete four rounds:

20’ L-Sit Walks

3 XR HSPU

5 XR Dips to L-sit

7 Triple Clap Pushups

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Notes: :( :'( THIS WAS A KILLER!!! First off I got confused with how many HSPU'S to do, So I did 6 Negatives XR HSPU'S And since I was just doing negatives I had to get back to a Ring HS everytime, which in and of itself is quite taxing. Then since I was so tired, even though I am very close to being able to do double clap pushups, I could not even pull of single claps :'( On top of this I was tired from yesterdays WOD!

In short I am reallllyyyy looking forward to the next two days of rest :D

Newguy

Okay I'm thinking I will start putting my nutrition in my workout logs. Sooo Here is how it looks.

10:00 1 Bowl of hot oatmeal (Homemade, not the junk stuff from the store.) with milk Sucanat (SUgar CAne NATural, healthy sweetener, I use it alot) a little honey and some coconut.

11:00 1 Fish Oil Pill, 1 Multi-Vitamin Pill, 1 Elderberry powder pill (Called immune booster)

2:00 1 orange

2:30 Another orange :)

6:30 3 quesadilla's one just cheese the other 2 with beef, 2 Carrots

And throughout the day A whopping 20 Cups of water :shock: :o :shock: I think I drank more water today then I normally do, but still I never realized I drank that much!!! Well I guess I will see how much I drink in the next couple of days

Yeah I know the diet needs lots of work, but I am not too knowledgeable in the area of proper dieting, I just know what not too eat, I don't know as much about what to eat.

Newguy

Okay so on Monday was an interesting time at the gym, Kindav :roll: Nothing to spectacular on what I was practicing, just a ton of round-offs (Trying to prefect the form) HS and Press HS work on floor. On Vault just a lot of Front tucks, trying to fix some bad habits on how I punch the springboard. And on High bar alot of Hip circle work, shootout work, and I am starting to try to get a feel for the free hip circle. Also some Kip work...and oh yeah :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :shock: I got 7, yes you heard me right SEVEN Rips :x :lol: Yeah THAT was painful, and that's not the worst of it, I am stuck with it for all of the WOD's until it heals, about 2 weeks :( (Oh and that is a record for how many rips I have gotten at once)

Okay here was today's Workout

Day One Week Seven

L-Sit -- 2X30 §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20 §

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30 §

Manna Low -- 4X15 §

Planche Tuck -- 7X8 §

WOD - 110208

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Press HS (I did these against the wall, and I pressed my shoulders into the wall, making them somewhat easier

1x10 Pike Press HeS (I don't have the room to do straddle press HS's)

12 cycles of XR Strap HS (On the first 3 cycles I pressed my feet against the straps, and the rest I wrapped them around)

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups (On my knees)

Notes: Yup, the statics are coming along nicely, however the one I do have problems with is the back lever, probably because it is 60 Seconds long, and gets somewhat monotonous. And I can tell that my ring HS are coming along quite nicely! :)

Newguy

:D I feel special, I just noticed that over 1,000 people have viewed my log :)

Okay, I have decided to give you guys a look at my nutrition, so you can tear it apart and then piece it back together.

1:25 PM: 2 Bowls of Oatmeal (Homemade, from plain oat groats) With Milk, Sucanat, (SUgar CAne NATural) Honey, 2 Banana's, Coconut.

4:35 PM 1 Fish Oil Pill, Multi Vitamin Pill, Elderberry Powder pill (Called immune booster)

4:45 PM 1 Apple, with almond butter

5:56 PM 1 Homemade from scratch cookie :) (Hey, :P It’s the "healthy" kind)

8:00 PM 1 Bowl of (Brown) Rice with almond butter & Soy sauce, 1 plate of salad, 1 Bowl of Rice with Cottage Cheese, Cheese, & Dijon mustard, hey, its not as disgusting as it sounds (the second bowl) Oh wait...Yes it was. The first bowl tasted pretty good though...Ah failed "Experiments"…

9:08 PM 1 Stick of celery (non organic)

10:04 PM Nother cookie :)

And over the course of the day I drank a Whopping 20 cups of water :D

A couple notes about my diet, everything I eat is organic/natural unless otherwise stated.

The reason I am giving you guys my diet is because I don't have to good of an idea on what I should be eating, I only know what not to eat. So please if you see anything missing in my diet, or wrong with it. Your advice is appreciated :)

Also my diet can be somewhat sparatic, and I know that I do eat quite a bit better on some days then others

Newguy

12:00 AM One Plate of eggs with garlic and cheese. 1 English muffin. 2 Pieces of turkey bacon And about 2 cups of milk

1:00 PM 1 Fish Oil Pill, Multi Vitamin Pill, Elderberry Powder pill (Called immune booster)

1:46 PM 2 Cookies :)

8:00 PM 2 Bowls of Noodles with curry sauce and chicken...And another (2) cookies :)

And I had 19 cups of water throughout the day.

And now I am going to sleep, night :)

Newguy

Okay so the last couple days (Ever since Thursday) I have been sick, in fact so sick I was only able to get out of bed for 10 minutes on Friday :x And I still have a cough/running nose and have low energy. Although I did go to gymnastics yesterday. And that COMPLETELY wiped me out for the rest of the day. Nothing really exciting happened just a horrid time on Pommel. A horrid time on P-Bars (Although my coach spotted me on a Straddle-L press HS, and it felt Really light! :)) And A horrid time on rings. My coach had me try my first back Uprise...I failed...miserably...Oh well Next Monday will be better (I hope)

Anyways I have finished this SSC So I am resting until my sickness is totally gone, and then testing for my new SSC! I am excited :):):)

Newguy

Day One Week One

L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30

Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20

Manna Low -- 2X30

Planche Tuck -- 4X15

WOD - 110222

Perform the following:

3 sets of; MU, 2 Semi Bulgarian semi regular XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU (Getting better about keeping the false grip, but not quite) to a shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang (I got to work on slowing these down!), 2 Reverse Cranks (Full lay), 2 Cranks (Tuck-Flatt Tuck)

5x15 seconds (Tuck) FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS (Feet inside, pressing against the straps)

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

Notes: Well, these are my new SSC times! After a week off from feeling sick I am still feeling somewhat weak, and I did not like to get new SSC times when I was feeling weak, but I could not rest any longer, I had to workout!!! So these are not "That" Bad SSC Times compared to last time, but I was hoping for something more :/ Although my SSC felt harder then the WOD!!! Prolly because I did the SSC in the morning took a nap and then woke up, did other stuff and then the WOD. Couple of other notes, I was doing the BL with palms facing the wrong way last 2 SSC's and I decided to fix that this SSC, so my times were cut down but I am okay with that, because I am doing it right this time!

And also Monday was a pretty nice day at the gym, Even though I don't quite have one yet, my Kips are getting better :) And My coach said that I was good enough to be spotted in a Round off Back Handspring!!! He just was to tired to do it that day :)

Ahhh, its nice to be training again! Now this lingering cough needs to go away!!! :x

Any comments questions welcome!!! :)

Newguy

Day Two Week One

L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §

Manna Low -- 2X30 §

Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §

WOD - 110224

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded Flat Tuck (On the last round tuck) BL + 5 Tempo Straddle Yewkis

1 Embedded L-sit + 5 Tempo HeS Chest Rolls

1 Embedded Tuck FL + 5 Tempo Under-grip HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks.

Notes: Well I have never been able to do any of the Chest Roll variations, mostly because I never really understood the movements/was not strong enough! But I finally semi got my first HeS Chest Rolls!!! Although only 1-2 of them were true unassisted, for the WOD I had my brother spot me. And even with that I slammed my face into the ground a good 6-7 times!!! Oh well good day all in all, the statics felt a lot better than Tuesday!

Newguy

As it turns out I was just feeling really "Blah" About working out yesterday, I tried to do my SSC but could not even hold a planche for 15 seconds. Its not that I was not strong enough, I just was mentally not strong enough yesterday. And on top of this HITTING YOUR HEAD 6-7 TIMES WHILE LEARNING A CHEST ROLL HURTS... FOR DAYS AFTER Yeah turns out I had a small bump on my head, my jaw was aching, and my nose was hurting :lol: I prolly deserved that...

Newguy

Gymnastics for an hour today, rings. Trying to learn a back uprise, and a kip. I just am not putting enough power into either to make them work. On Pommel, I think I am finally getting just "How" To do a circle, and getting the strength to do it correctly, but I am still stuck at 1 circle :x On P-Bars, I worked Regular swings, getting to Handstand quite easily now :) And also I got my first true back-uprise, needs a little work on smoothing it out but still. I got it by going from Moy swing, to upper arm swing, to pike basket cast, to support swing. Felt really nice :) But I got a rip... oh well

Newguy

Day One Week Two

L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §

Manna Low -- 2X30

Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §

WOD -- 110301

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Press HS

1x10 Pike Press HeS

Walking HSPU Ladders 3 Rounds (All the way up to HeSPU's )

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups.

Notes: Okay, This is driving me crazy, I have no idea whether you are supposed to rest both after you go up the HSPU ladder, and after you finish one round. Or just after you go up the ladder, and then once you go back down immediately go up again? Does anyone know??? I rested both after going up, and completing a round. And the WOD Felt rather easy comparatively

Newguy

Day One Week Two

L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §

Manna Low -- 2X30 §

Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §

WOD -- 110303

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

5 Box Jumps

20 Jumping Deck Squats

5 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch.

Notes: :'( I dislike Leg workouts, this one went pretty well though although I did not jump on the deck squats, because strangely enough its really hard to jump up when you do them on the trampoline...Don't ask...I don't know why. And everything else went pretty fine, except the PL Which felt Really weak :/

On a side note, I feel like the worlds weakest human I just watched on Youtube "Impossible is nothing" I think my dreams are crushed... :shock: :shock: :shock: I mean WOW...Oh and I really REALLY Want to train with Danny Rodriguez :) He is just plain inspiring!

Newguy

Day One Week Two

L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §

Manna Low -- 2X30 §

Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §

WOD -- 110304

Complete the following:

3 sets of MU, L-sit press shoulder stand, 2 XR Bulgarian Dips, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Negative Flat Tuck Front Pulls, 2 slow Negative Flat Tuck Back Pulls

5x15 seconds Tuck FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

Notes: I am not going to give you any notes, or thoughts about this workout...because I don't like you.

Newguy

Day One Week Three

L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §

Manna Low -- 2X30 §

Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §

WOD -- 110308

Complete four rounds:

60 sec HS Wall Runs

5 Wall PL Pushups

30 sec Swinging Dips

15’ L-Sit Slides :(

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups.

Notes: Well the statics felt great, even the planche! :) However I took it light on the WOD, for one I only had a limited space to do the L-sit walks, and the swinging dips were done on the rings, which made them incredibly horid, they were more like bent arm semi swings. Anyways about yesterday, I worked BHS on the tumble track it was weird the first one I did fine, then the rest I just got scared and chickened out while halfway upside down in the air!!! round offs on floor Also some HS work, On high bar my kips are getting somewhat better, I am just a few inches away from actually getting to support. And front tucks on the tumble track as well.

Newguy

Just an update, I have not done anything lately due to circumstances beyond my control :P:) except last Tuesday I did get to do the WOD and my SSC :) And I will post today's workout later

Newguy

Day Three Week Four

L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §

Manna Low -- 2X30 §

Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §

WOD -- 110317

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded BL + 6 Tempo Assisted OAC (3 each arm) (2 fingers assisting on 1st & 2nd rounds 3-4 assisting fingers on 3rd round :P :|

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo Over grip Korean HSPU

1 Embedded FL + 6 Tempo Twisting Archups 5lb weight with arms extended above my head

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks.

Notes: Workout days like this make me feel like superman, and tear my heart out, trample on it, and then toss it back to me. Yeah, I just used a muscle I had no idea I had on the HPSU's :)

Newguy

Day Four Week Four

WOD 110318

Complete four rounds:

40’ Senders

4 Box Jumps

8 Depth Jumps

12 Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats

Finish the workout with 2x60 seconds of Seated Pike Stretch

Notes: I did not do my statics today because I hurt my wrist on the korean HSPU's yesterday (Nothing major, I should be up and running in a couple days) And other than that the WOD felt great, I was pouring buckets of sweat but hey! :)

Newguy

First off, sorry for not posting lately, But this week has been somewhat random in terms of working out. On Monday I went to gym as usual for an hour. Nothing interesting happened. I could not workout on Tuesday, was forced to stay in town all day :cry: Nothing but toying around with alot of HS's on Wednesday. And this is Todays workout! :)

Day Four Week Five

L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §

Manna Low -- 2X30 §

Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §

WOD -- 110325

Perform the following:

3 sets of: 1-3 MU, 1-3 XR L-sit press shoulder stand (Using straps, training situation for this WOD did not allow me to do it freestanding), 1-3 XR Dips :(, 1-3 Tuck/Flat Tuck Tick Tocks

5x15 seconds Tuck FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS (Legs fully wrapped around, I did not have someone to spot me today so I did not feel comfortable doing it with my feet on the inside, also because of this I had atrocious form)

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

Notes: Very enjoyable, It feels like my arms are on fire :twisted:

On a side note I know I really should not, but I have been toying around with micro bursts of straddle PL, and It feels somewhat strong. I am almost positive that I can hold it for 2-3 seconds, but I have not tried because I am at least trying to be somewhat responsible, and not get injured! Can't wait for the next SSC!

Newguy

Day Three Week Six

L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §

Manna Low -- 2X30 §

Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §

WOD -- 110331

Perform the following:

3x6 Circular Arch-ups (5lb)

3x10 Overhead Lunges (15lb)

3x5 RLL (10lb)

Finish the workout with 3x10 Hip Extensions.

Notes: The WOD felt really strong, in hindsight I should have had at least 5lbs more on each exercise.

Also the front lever felt weird, like I twitched a muscle or something...I don't really know. I will tell you how it feels tomorrow

About the rest of this week, Monday: Regular 1 hour in gymnastics. Which was actually a quite nice day. I got my first free hip circle, my first baby giant (Okay so maybe I have 2 scars from slamming my hips into the bar. But it feels like I will be able to get the skill pretty easily) And I also am starting to feel stronger on my standing BHS's before I had a mental problem with them (i.e I was scared and gave up half way through) And also I started learning Front layouts, Yeah they are really fun!!! :D

On Tuesday (MY BIRTHDAY!!!) I got taken to a surprise birthday concert (The High Kings. Irish/Pop/alittlebitofeverything. Check them out, they are awesome) And so I did not get to workout.

On Wednesday, Rest. Funny I was actually still sore from Monday.

And this is Thursday

Newguy

Okays random late update! I only did my SSC on Friday, and am looking forward to this work week.

Okay, that was short. But now you know :P

Newguy

Day One Week Seven

L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30§

Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §

Manna Low -- 2X30 §

Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §

WOD -- 110405

Perform the following:

3 sets of; MU, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand, press up to HS (used a nearby pullup bar with my legs for assistance), negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, Reverse Crank, straddle Crank

5x15 seconds tuck FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS fully wrapped

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall extensions

Notes: Other then I twitched a muscle in my right pec it was a great workout of the day. I think it will be fine, it just kindav hurts now, I'll keep you guys updated!

Newguy

And now for the not so grand summary of the last couple days, since I last posted.

Apr 6, Wednesday, rest day

Apr 7, Statics as previously detailed, no WOD :(

Apr 8, Nothing :(

Apr 9 - 10, nothing, rest days :)

Apr 11 - 1 hour of gymnastics, High bar (Kip work, Baby giants [sloppy] pull-overs [under grip] Casts [trying to get to handstand { under grip}]

Floor, lame stuff...Among other stuff the more interesting bits would be press HS's...And that is all that is interesting...

Vault, lots of front tucks from springboard onto resi mat. trying to fix some bad habits.

Today (Apr 12)

Day One Week Eight

L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §

Manna Low -- 2X30 §

Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §

WOD -- 110412

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Press HS

1x10 Jumping Pike Press HS

12 cycles of XR Strap HS (The first two had my feet pressing on the outside of the straps, the rest were slightly wrapped)

Finish with 2x10 kneeling but body straight Wrist Pushups

Notes: Not a bad day all in all, the PL felt strong, FL a bit weak. And average (my performance) WOD

Newguy

Day Three Week Eight

L-Sit -- 40 Sec Followed by 20 Sec §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 2X30 §

Straddle-L P-Bars -- 3X20 §

Manna Low -- 2X30 §

Planche Tuck -- 4X15 §

WOD -- 110414

Complete four rounds:

3-20m wind sprints

5 Front Pulls (Flat tuck ascent, One leg extended descent)

10 FL Rows (Just regular rows, with feet on something :( They felt WEAK!)

15’ Cirque (I did 10 negative one arm chins on the straps of the rings)

Notes: My PL is progressively getting stronger, but I think I am going to do a 12 Week SSC to be sure, because a few of the statics are not as strong as I would like them to be.