This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Because everyone is still a NewGuy at heart

Started by Newguy, October 26, 2010 · 91 Replies · 5,489 Views

Newguy

Day One Week One

Statics

L-Sit -- 2X30

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30

Manna Low -- 4X15

Planche Tuck -- 7X8

WOD - 101221

Perform the following:

3 sets of; MU, 2 XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Negative Front Pulls, 2 slow Negative Back Pulls

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

Notes: Even though I missed a couple weeks of the SSC I have decided to start another Cycle, as I believe that is the technically right thing to do. Your body has already produced the new muscle cells. Someone correct me if I am wrong?

So my wrist seems to have healed almost all of the way, there is just a small anomaly which hopefully will heal soon. I will try to post more of my workouts, although a couple I have done lately I have not posted.

Over all a great workout, had my daily dose of inspiration from pictures of Jonathan Horten Doing INSANE stuff. And a video of Nastia Lukin...Talking about how "Not training 7 hours a day your body gets a little bit out of shape" Yeah, the exact quote, if that does not get you motivated I don't know what will

Newguy

Day Two Week One

L-Sit -- 2X30

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30

Manna Low -- 4X15

Planche Tuck -- 7X8

WOD: 101223

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo Seated MU

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo RLL

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo L to V HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

Notes: The statics felt pretty good. And the WOD Was average. And don't get me wrong

I can do pretty good MU's But for some reason the MU's felt REALLY Weak? Ah oh well :/ And also the HLL did!!! :(

Newguy

Day Seven Week One

L-Sit -- 2X30

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30

Manna Low -- 4X15

Planche Tuck -- 7X8

WOD - 101227

Perform 3 rounds of:

30m Sled Sprint

10 Weighted Killers

5 Natural GHR

Finish the workout with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

Notes: Soooo everything was going just great! Until just before the last round of the WOD,

An "Unexpected" thing got thrown in the mix… Dinner :-/

So I missed the 3rd round and the Straddle L work. But I think that will work out because I had already done

60 second Straddle L work!

Hope this does not ruin the WOD???

Newguy

Day One Week Two

Statics

L-Sit -- 2X30 §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20 §

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30 §

Manna Low -- 4X15 §

Planche Tuck -- 7X8 §

WOD - 101228

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

Walking HSPU Ladders

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Notes: Instead of doing the Pike Pox Hs's I substituted Pike press HS's for both.

Even though I Can do Pike press HS's I just can't do them for More than 2-3 Reps!

I went up to the HeSPU on the ladders. And did 4 Rounds.

Newguy

Day One Week Two

Statics

L-Sit -- 2X30

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30

Manna Low -- 4X15

Planche Tuck -- 7X8

WOD - 101230

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

5 Box Jumps

20m Squat Jumps

5 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

Notes: Ahh nothing like a brisk run in the cool winter night air! A great, if somewhat soul crushing workout ;)

Newguy

Even though I have not posted in a couple of days I have been working out. I did my Static SSC on New years Eve. and then promptly used the excuse "It's new years eve, I don't have to do the WOD" :lol: And on Monday (Yesterday) I went to a real Gym for an hour. Practiced Rings, Pommel, P-Bars. And now my chest is REALLY Sore :D

Okay then, I will post when I have worked out tonight. Just wanted to update my Log

Newguy

Day Seven Week Two

Statics

L-Sit -- 2X30 §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30 §

Manna Low -- 4X15 §

Planche Tuck -- 7X8 §

WOD - 110104

Complete four rounds:

5 Russian Dips

10 PB Dips

15 Swinging Dips

20’ L-Sit Walks

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups.

Notes: Sooo My Chest and Arms were REALLY SORE From yesterdays Inlocate and P-Bar HS Work!!! OW

So in consequence I had to scale the WOD as follows. Ring Dips instead of Russian. About halfway I changed from doing PB Dips to Negatives. And I just did Support swings on the rings instead of Swinging Dips. And Yup Feet dragging L-Sit Walks :P And last but not least. The Wrist Pushups were on my knees!

Sooo Did I do okay with my scaling???

Newguy

Oh and just to let you know I am going a couple States over to stay with some friends from Thursday to at least Sunday if not Monday. So no working out for me. Except if I get to show off anything :)

Newguy

Okay so here's how its been going lately, last post I mentioned that I was visiting friends over the weekend and would miss Thursdays & Fridays workouts. however due to very little sleep (Late nights, early mornings :) ) With my friends I was too out of it to workout on Monday, and I just did some of my statics on Tuesday! But while gone I did do a very little bit toying around with Press handstand strength (Which is improving quite well, I am now getting quite comfortable on my hands) And I also discovered I could do Youngs!!! (With some feet dragging)

Newguy

Day Two Week Four

L-Sit -- 2X30

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30

Manna Low -- 4X15

Planche Tuck -- 7X8

WOD - 110113

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Negative ½ Rev MU

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo Under-grip Korean Dips

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Cranks

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge wall walks

Notes: Mmm This was a really nice one. The statics felt really strong today (Except for the FL)

Although my form was not quite perfect for the Negative ½ Rev MU & Cranks, it was still insanely hard.

And my with my wall walks I barely have to touch the wall anymore :)

Newguy

Had A really good day at gymnastics on Monday, Did Rings Inlocate work, Which I am still piking on. Muscle up work, BL Work, Support work. And P-Bars, Straddle L Press handstand work, Lots of swinging to HS on P-Bars And some upper arm swings OW!!! And also some general Pommel work. And to top it of a nearly hour walk about ten minutes after I was done there! :)

I will post today's workout later today :shock:

Newguy

Day One Week Five

L-Sit -- 2X30

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30

Manna Low -- 4X15

Planche Tuck -- 7X8

WOD - 110118

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Jumping Press HS's

1x10 Pike Press HeS's

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Notes: WOOOWWW I COULD CRY!!! :o I guess coach was not kidding when he said that this would be an EXTREMELY CHALANGEING WORKOUT!!! Now I am sweating gallons…

I Did 40 or so second bursts on the Wall runs. Until the last 2 1/2 minutes. To where I just did a stomach to the wall HS

Newguy

Day One Week Five

L-Sit -- 2X30

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30

Manna Low -- 4X15

Planche Tuck -- 7X8

WOD - 110120

Complete four rounds:

10 Clapping pushups

20 L-Sit Walks (Feet dragging)

30 sec Swinging Dips (I ended up mainly having a seizure on the rings in a support position having bent arms :shock: :lol: )

40’ Table maker walks (I think this is what they are called, same thing but with legs bent)

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups (These are getting better :) No piking now!!!)

Notes: While quite challenging it was a comparatively easy WOD (Yes I did scale down quite a bit ;) )

Newguy

Day One Week Five

L-Sit -- 2X30 §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20 §

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30 §

Manna Low -- 4X15 §

Planche Tuck -- 7X8 §

WOD - 110121

Perform the following:

3 sets of: 1-2 Negative MU, 2 XR L-sit press shoulder stand, 2 XR Dips, 3 Tuck Tick Tocks

5x15 seconds Tuck FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

Notes: Today just felt extremely weak, I mean it was not that hard of a WOD and the statics were obviously the same as usual. But it all felt weak :/ And I did Negative muscle-ups because I don't have chalk and can't really grip the rings enough to get through the Concentric transition.

Sooo Does anyone know of a good store/place/website to buy chalk?

pogo69
Newguy said:
Sooo Does anyone know of a good store/place/website to buy chalk?

I got mine off ebay; a while ago now though, so I can't remember the details. but you can get from a bunch of different gymnastics and/or fitness suppliers.

Newguy

CHALK HAS BEEN BOUGHT!!! (not by me, by my brother, but hey :lol: )

Yesterday was a rather nice day at the gym, my backhandsprings are getting ALOT Better (Yeah and I practiced them so much my abs are sore) Annnddddd I am starting to work on a KIP On the High Bar, a completely sick skill (Sick in a good way)

Now all I have to do is get up of my butt and workout today...Sniff, I am tired...And lazy...Meh...I will post todays workout once I do it...

Newguy

Day One Week Six

L-Sit -- 2X30 §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20 §

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30 §

Manna Low -- 4X15 §

Planche Tuck -- 7X8 §

WOD - 110125

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

5 Tuck Front Pulls

10 Tuck FL Pulls

15’ Towel Pullups

Notes: Okay so when you are not feeling like working out AT ALL I have found an almost guaranteed cure. Simply read Coach Sommers "The Heart of a Champion"

http://gymnasticbodies.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=22

Ah, now that my work(out) Ethic is back on top I went and worked out, and the statics felt pretty strong, but thanks to yesterdays learning and perfecting new skills (I.e being really sore today) the WOD Was exceptionally tough. Especially the towel Pullups (Which I found harder then Rope Climbs???)

Okay I am going to enjoy my sleep...Goodnight and God bless fellow victims of Coach Sommers scheme to wipe out any pride in oneself(s) superior strength our buffness

~Newguy~

Newguy

I'm currently going through the mental disorder (makeupyourmindidiot) In which I have no desire to workout on workdays, yet I cannot help working out at least a little bit on rest days... :x

Side effects may include:

Lack of proper rest

guilty feelings resulting from Slizzardman telling you that if you keep this up you are going to get injured

Extreme anger at figuring out Slizzardman was correct

Depression

Extreme anger at the person who named this mental disorder

Confusion

Not being able to follow a planed SSC

Ect...

Does anyone know how to cure this disease? It has been plaguing me for weeks, and I don't want to try any pharmaceutical drug's, because there side effects list is longer then the disease I already have :o

Hmm, I think i'll go workout...or not

Razz

So what you are saying is basically that you are no longer motivated to work out? It happens in periods for me, and I'm actually going through one right now with being sick and just not feeling it. Anyways I feel that it can often be because of overtraining or stress symptoms that are similar to overtraining. My proposal for you is that for 2 weeks you change your training, and just do something fun that is still 'working out'. This could be trying to attain some new moves or work more difficult variations than usual (without blowing up your joints!). For example I found out a few weeks ago that my OAC negative got a lot stronger and I started working it a little bit because suddenly there was motivation for maybe achieving a OAC :D

Newguy
:D Nah, I just really want to work out on rest days, and don't feel nearly as motivated on workdays!!! resulting in the makeupyourmindidiot disease :P Although changing stuff up does not sound like a bad idea
Newguy

Okay, so here is the news about Thursday and Fridays working out (Or lackthereof) On Thursday I had an exceptionally terrible day. And pretty much no time to workout, or even think about working out (Terrible because I lost all the money from about 1 month or so of part time work :x :cry: ) And today I did some of my statics, but not all, simply because I have a slightly strained muscle on my left arm and I am going to an open gym tomorrow, so I don't want to overwork myself

Night all

The newguy

Newguy

And my quick post for today! Today I had an hour in the gym, Rings, Pommel, P-Bar.

On the rings I worked Front support lower to pike basket press out to full lay back levers, L sits, Lots of muscle ups (These are getting quite easy, I can now do 3 in a row good form no problem) Shoulder-stands, Tried to bent arm press to handstand I was sooo close... inlocates, Tuck planches (These are really scary on the high rings)

Question. I keep piking through my inlocates, does anyone have any tips to stop doing this? I know that I am supposed to have more heel drive, but is there any other tips to do it without piking?

Annnddd I got to try my first dislocate today :) I had so bad form that my coach was shocked that I was not hurt :oops: :oops: :lol:

On Pommels I worked some really bad form Circles and Loops (I had bad form, and could not make more that one revolution) and Straddle swings, which are getting somewhat better.

On P-Bars (Note I was extremely tired when I got here, literally sweating buckets) I worked Upper arm swings, Back uprises (I think today finally something clicked, I understood the movement before, I just never really "Got it" So I think I will have these down the next time or two I get to practice them) Support swings (I had trouble making it to handstand today, probably just because I was so tired) and some Tuck planche, HS and L-Sit press HS and Tuck planches.

In short, Dislocates are epic...when you do them right :roll: And I lost about 3 pounds from sweating :)

Newguy

Day One Week Seven

L-Sit -- 2X30 §

Back Lever Flat Tuck -- 1X60 §

Front Lever Flat Tuck -- 3X20 §

Straddle-L One hand center -- 2X30 §

Manna Low -- 4X15 §

Planche Tuck -- 7X8 §

WOD - 110201

Perform the following:

3 sets of: Basic Ring Strength 3 (The only 2 things I could not do was from full lay BL pull up from there & the forward roll muscle-up, I think this is due to lack of chalk though)

5x15 seconds Tuck FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS (feet were pressing on the inside of the straps, not wrapped around and I had a spotter to help me get up, and incase I fell)

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall extensions

Notes: :) :) :) The Statics felt really great today, and the WOD Was equally great, I think I am now strong enough to begin working on the Basic Ring Strength 4 (Now all that has to happen is coach come out with it :P)

Oh and I am curious, would anyone be interested if I posted my diet, and you guys could critique it?

swarovski

thanks for following my log and supporting my humble achievements.

As for the diet, I think I'm not in the position to give any advice or critique, I just care about it to the point of staying slim, which simply means to avoid overeating.

thanks again for dropping a line.

Newguy

No Prob mate :)

I don't really have a problem with over eating, I just eat as much as I feel like, and then sometimes more :lol: as long as I know that the foods I am eating are not bad for me, and are healthy I just listen to my body on how much to eat.

The "Newguy"