Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wrist Pushups Chan Style

Zac Rhyne

hahaha Jackie Chan's a beast. Those wrist pushups seem like they would hurt really bad in the dirt!

rhyneza, when Coach says "reduce the degree of elbow bend" he means gradually as you get better at the exercise. At first it is ok to have your elbows bend as you flatten your wrists. Over time you will notice less bend will be required. This is simply a matter of wrist flexibility. I am the one being filmed for that exercise and I am capable of performing the wrist series without bending my arms. Take your time it is an eventual goal.

We have played around with other variations of wrist pushups, like the handstand one, but didn't find it necessary. That would be cool if it's possible to do unspotted though!

Fruit....yeah I probably should, then I won't be so hungry all the time :P

I wouldn't mind the discomfort in the wrist push ups so much if they weren't always accompanied by those sickening snaps and crunches...makes me shudder like a few scenes from the new Jackass movie.

If the wrist pushups are too painful to perform, then the variation you are doing is too difficult for your current ability. Perform them on your knees at first, piking your hips as much as needed until you develop more strength. These must be developed slowly. Don't push past the pain....you will regret it later.

If the wrist pushups are too painful to perform, then the variation you are doing is too difficult for your current ability. Perform them on your knees at first, piking your hips as much as needed until you develop more strength. These must be developed slowly. Don't push past the pain....you will regret it later.

I mean the ones slizzardman suggested, on your feet and leaning against a wall. Sounds like I'm steppig on corn flakes, truly gross. The way I've (more or less) gotten around it is to do reverse wrist curls with a light dumbell. Still makes the sounds, but doesn't hurt quite as bad.

Joshua Naterman

You may very well need to put padding on the wall, but you may need to start standing completely upright with some elbow bend and only the slightest of lean into the wall. The motion is what is important. This can always be scaled to the point where anyone can do it. Once you find your ideal starting point, you just work from there.

I had no idea your arms were supposed to be straight

Fruit?! I mean, I agree, I especially like peaches, I just don't know where that came from!

I was confused by this too

What I meant by bringing some fruit to the seminars is testing to see if Dillon could penetrate them with his finger strength demonstrated by one of the wrist exercises. The last if you know the series. A nice trick you may consider building up to.

Sometimes I get complaints about my grip when I spot. I'd hate to be spotted by Dillon if that was the case of his hand strength. Beware ladies!

That would be awesome! I feel like it would have more to do with technique though....If someone could teach me the proper technique I'll start working on it :lol:

Joshua Naterman

LOL! I can make a video I suppose. The technique is A) be really fast and B) always have the finger curled slightly. You don't want to hyper-extend the joints, that's bad... mmmmkay?