Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chinese Push Ups

jamesters

GpH0Ymiri8g

How do you build up to something like this? Perhaps starting out with straddled legs and arms and gradually going more narrow, or perhaps doing reps with bent arms but still narrow? Ideally should it just be hips that touch the floor or should the whole body touch the floor as you get stronger?

Another question: How do you deal with the sliding?

Just a side-note, sweet fancy Moses does that guy love caps lock. Every comment, every video title.

Hm 3 things: by far not the hardest pushup variation, not really a pushup, I would venture to say that anyone with ok ab strength can easily do them.

These are similar to an abwheel roll-out but a much easier due to the friction. I actually used these to build up to the ab wheel. Building up to these I found these progressions to work well do them on your knees (like the abweel), then, when you can do over 10 reps on knees, do just the static hold at the top with your feet out. To get into the top hold use arms to "walk out" into the position. When you can hold for over 15 seconds for sets you'll be able to lift up into the position from the floor.