Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Persistent Wrist Pain

Guest Ross Hunt

Guest Ross Hunt

I suffered an acute injury to my wrist about a month ago (I laid into a punching bag without warming up and bent my wrist back, fingers towards the inside of the forearm). The injury has not been particularly severe (I was able to perform muscle-ups later in the workout, and I was able to resume handstands after a couple days), but it has been persistent. The wrist hurts when my wrist is in an extended position, as in a handstand or the rack position of a front squat, and when it is straight but under load, as in the support position on rings. It seems to be OK in flexion, as in the false grip.

It's not getting any worse, but it's not getting any better. What exercises can I do to rehab my wrist and strengthen it? I can't perform wrist push-ups without pain, even from the knees. Performing wrist extensions with a light load (reverse dumbbell curls or wrist extensions with a light band) seems to alleviate the soreness.

Regards,

Ross

Joshua Naterman

rubber band finger extensions and wall wrist push ups! Just stand up and do wrist push ups on the wall. It will feel really good as long as you keep the angle easy and will help tighten the tendons/ligaments back up the way they're supposed to be and get blood flowing through the area.