Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The V-sit

Alexander Moreen

Alexander Moreen

So I have my L-Sit at 3x30s well above parallel and a semi decent V-sit for 3x20s, but how do I go from my V-sit looking like this kids;

plUON2CdRHg

to looking like this;

qtrpKKWfHwg

To give you an idea of where I am flexibility wise, I have an easy full pike sitting on the ground, and I can sometimes put my head through my knees standing if I'm stretched out well. In a hanging V I can almost touch my shins to my face.

Take a look at the manna progression in the book?

I'm not that far yet, so anyone who knows more please correct this. But as i've understood you want your L-sit to be at one minute, not that 3x30 is bad for a good L-sit.

Coach says that the Middle Split Hold is the key FSP towards Manna and i think it may be of use to get you to the high V you are looking for.

One small technical point which may help, don't let the elbows bend, lean back with straight arms. Its sort of the opposite of a planche.

Alexander Moreen

I can do a minute, but I thought we were supposed to stick to half max and once our max is 1 minute work on a harder progression(the v-sit)?

OK, now i see why 3x30. You know i'm confused about that, i saw Slizz recently posted go to 30sec one you've hit a minute. They way i understood it from the seminar is stay at 1x one minute after you've done 3x one minute and move on. I'm posting this in hopes of getting some clarification, not to argue, its still about shaky with the exact numbers as you can see.

Coach isn't changing things its more they just were kind of assumed that everyone already knew it. The second edition will help allot with this.

Anyway being interested in this myself, i just looked at the book and i'd never noticed it before but V-sit isn't in there other than a brief mention in regards to Manna. I have to assume that means, Coach would have you move to Manna or Planche progressions from where you are.

in any case one thing that may help with your V-sit is to hold your legs more tightly together so they act as a unit and point your toes more it looks like you're pulling from your feet they should press the legs back like they were pushing against a wall.

Also have you tried one legged versions, one foot on the floor just to get you in the position and feel it?

Alexander Moreen

I've never thought of doing a one legged version like you are talking about. Just tried it and the issue is definitely ab compression strength, almost got a cramp just getting one leg up there. Very cool.