Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Additional Planche Work Question

Eddie Stelling

Eddie Stelling

Wasn't sure how to title this so my bad if the title doesn't fit. I was wondering where you would program addtional strength building exercises (dynamic or static) for certain static holds you really want to improve on more so than others. For instance, I want to accomplish a full lay planche more so than a full lay front lever, or anything else.

When would I add in things like psuedo planch push ups, wall planche pushups, or any other exercises to work on this?

More importantly, do I need to add anything at all if I am doing my FSP warmup and the WODs posted by coach? I feel as though my planche work is progressing, but the WODs rarely focus on Planche work.

This question also applies to other moves as well, such as, the human flag and the bower (90 deg push up). I want to work on these but not sure when to do it. Do I add this to strength work, whether it be dynamic or static, to the beginning of my workouts, before the FSP warmup?

If am wrong on anything I say feel free to correct me other forum members :/

More importantly, do I need to add anything at all if I am doing my FSP warmup and the WODs posted by coach? I feel as though my planche work is progressing, but the WODs rarely focus on Planche work.

This all depends on your current workload, if you are feeling pretty fresh after the FSP warmup and WODs, than yes by all means add extra work. I would recommend that if you want to progress on the PL than add extra Planche work (i.e PL leans PL wall PUs ect...) and also extra FL work.

However, if you are feeling trashed for the rest of the day, Do not expect to be able to add extra work without hurting yourself.

Basically what I am saying is listen to your body, and be conservative, if you think you can do 20 Muscle ups after you have finished the WOD and FSP than I would only do 10-15.

My personal preference is to do the FSP & WODs in the morning or at night, and then if I did them in the morning I would do whatever I feel like doing later in the day. Or the other way around

Hope this helps

The averagely newguy :D